10874Re: [fukuoka_farming] rats, mols and orabanchaceae

  • Yugandhar S
    Aug 4, 2010
      Dear Inci,
      I do not have any practical experience, but this seems to be a case of
      'lack of natural predators'. So, you need to create home for the predators,
      like different canopies of trees, to host owls etc. Sumant's solution is
      also apt and may serve your needs immediately but the long term solution is
      to grow the right mix of trees.
      The orabanchaceae is a parasitic plant family as per wikipedia. Did
      fukuoka san mention about handling parasites anywhere? Will mulching help in
      this case? Just a guess.

      Best Regards
      Yugandhar