10826Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Chickens

  • Lucia
    Jul 28, 2010
      On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 09:44 -0400, Frank McAvinchey wrote:

      > My favorite poet, Robert Frost, put it this way, "Good fences make good
      > neighbors". Good advise.

      I agree. putting up a fence around your property is the easiest way. not
      cheap, depending on how large your property is. I have chickens and I
      fence off what I don't want them to get into, like my garden. but, that
      said, they do provide wonderful manure and composting! so I do let them
      into the garden in the fall, when everything is harvested and it's time
      to apply a little natural fertilizer and tilling.

      -lucia
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic