10799Re: Natural Farming Center of Greece

  • Pietro
    Jul 2, 2010
      I just left Panos' farm this morning.

      The farm is really beautiful, and Panos looks like an old greek Taoist. The son of Lao Tzu and Hera.

      I could not convince him to accept any offer for the time I stayed there. Ate his food and used his place. He explained me in detail how to make seed balls. Also extra informations, and how to adapt all this to my local conditions. Then when I left he gave me some seeds and asked me to sow them(, please). This simple act changed everything so now it looked like I was making him a favor. Hiding the biggest favor he has been doing for me those days.

      Please go. He is willing to teach, and has things to teach.

      Pietro

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Dimitris <shinos@...> wrote:

      > Hi Leonora. You are welcome to come and stay at the Natural Farming
      > Center with Panos for as long as you like. We accept volunteers from
      > April 15 until September 15 so any time between those dates are fine.
      > Just let us know when you want to come. This year we are not having an
      > official international meeting. We are going to get together and make
      > clay-balls for reforestation projects and for farms. If you are
      > interested in Natural Farming, Panos is a great person to learn from.
      > He knows a lot.
      >
      > We have a place that holds up to 4 volunteers where you can stay.
      > Depending on how many volunteers we have at the time, there is also the
      > option on staying in a tent with a sleeping bag. You don't have to
      > worry about food.
      >
      > I will talk to Panos about doing a simultaneous seeding in Slovenia as
      > well. I don't know how it will work out, as most of us will be in South
      > America, but if you come at the center and learn how to make clay-balls,
      > you could organize it in Slovenia. It is not very hard to make
      > clay-balls. Once you learn the technique, you will see it is very easy.
      >
      > Panos phone number is +30 23810-27312. You can contact him from
      > 7:00am-9:00am or from 7:00pm-9:00pm if you like.
      > Let me know when you know the dates you want to come. It would be best
      > if you are coming by airplane to come to Thessaloniki and from there to
      > take the train to Edessa. Panos can pick you up from Edessa. His farm
      > is just minutes from Edessa in Klisohori, a small village. You can also
      > visit our web site at www.naturalfarming.eu for more information and to
      > view pictures.
      >
      > Thanks for your interest and hope to see you soon
      > Dimitris
      >
      > Leonora Jakovljevic wrote:
      > >

      > > Dear Dimitris.
      > >
      > > My name is Leonora. I come from Slovenia.
      > > My interest for NF was born last year during the workshop on Synergic
      > > Garden
      > > in Calabria which was directed by Antonio de Falco, Emilia Hazelip
      > > student.
      > > On this workshop was mentioned also Panos Manikis as a Fukuoka's
      > > student and his acquaintance.
      > >
      > > I'm more and more in NF and Permaculture until then. I become an
      > > active
      > > volunteer of non profit Slovenian organization for education on
      > > ecological producing food two month ago.
      > > Few weeks ago I decided to contact Panos to learn more about his way
      > > of NF method and what a coincidence you showed up. I'm also interested
      > > to take a part
      > > in Panos project (Simultaneous Seeding) or if would be possible to
      > > organize a small group
      > > for simultaneous seeding 2011 in Slovenia.
      > >
      > > I would like to come to visit, to work, to practise,... NF on Panos
      > > farm this summer.
      > > I was thinking to come onset of August and to stay for international
      > > meeting from 15-30 of August.
      > > Do you think it would be practicable?
> [...]
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic