10783Re: Natural Farming Center of Greece

  • Pietro
    Jun 12, 2010
      Hello Dimitris,
      Thank you very much.

      Sorry if I could only answer you properly. I am travelling around, and for the most part have no internet.

      In think i will try to come around the end of june. Somwhere between the 28-30 of june. I should have both a sleeping back, and probably a bivi bag as well (sort of tiny tent the size of a sleeping bag. If I can lrave the backpack in the house that might be all I need. Alternatively I could look for an hostel, or couchsurf. In short please do not worry for the accomodation, I am sure we will figure out something.
      I am more concerned with my next trip to Crete. I need to be in Crete by the 4th of July (no reference the the US holiday). it looks like Edessa is on the other side of Greece, and my experience with Greece internal transport system is that it's not the most efficient in the world. Should i go down by rail + boat? Is the a ferry that goes all the way from Thessaloniki to Crete?

      I hope you will be in Edessa too, so we can meet.

      I am not sure what the situation will be in August. I know I have a conference on the 27th of August in switzerland. So I know I cannot come for the whole period. But maybe I could come for some... I think I shall decide later, as I am already traveliing too mcuh this summer...

      Thanks, again,
      Pietro

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Dimitris <shinos@...> wrote:

      > It would be great to see you Pietro and you are definitely welcome. You
      > can visit Panos Manikis' natural farming center in Northern Greece, near
      > Edessa if you wish and speak with him. It would give you great insight
      > on how natural farming works. Panos was a student of Fukuoka and worked
      > with him in many reforestation projects around the world for many
      > years. If you have specific dates in mind, let me know, so I can let
      > him know when you are coming, to make sure he will be there. Also you
      > should know that we are holding our international meeting from 15-30th
      > of August there, in the natural farming center, where people from all
      > over the world meet and learn how to make clay balls for farms and for
      > reforestations and have discussions.
      >
      > It may be better for you, if you come before July 4th, to come to
      > Thessaloniki airport, since Edessa is very close to there. Otherwise
      > you may have to take the train from Athens to Edessa which is about 6-7
      > hours ride.
      >
      > Anyway, you don't need to make special arrangements. Panos is very open
      > and wants to pass on the information about natural farming. He doesn't
      > ever get paid for it. It is too important for him to make money out of
      > it. If you have a tent and a sleeping bag that would help, but we can
      > make arrangements for that as well. I am not sure what the available
      > space will be at the time, since many people tend to visit the center
      > and some times the only way to accommodate is putting up a tent. If
      > there is space you can stay at the house, but that is not always
      > available. The weather will be hot at the time so sleeping outside is
      > not a problem.
      >
      > Let me know if you have any other questions of if you need anything.
      > Dimitris
      >
      > Pietro wrote:
      > >

      > > Dear Dimitris,
      > > All that you are writing is very interesting.
      > >
      > > My name is Pietro, and I have a bit of land (half an hectare) in
      > > Portugal, where I would like to plant using fukuoka's method. I am
      > > already doing some tests with some seed balls made with a Cement
      > > mixer. I am right now in Italy, and will come to Greece this summer in
      > > July. I have a workshop in July in Crete starting from the 5th (I
      > > might need to be there from the 4th). Maybe I could come to Greece a
      > > few days before and visit the community. Would that be possible? In
      > > case what should I do to make sure I am welcome there?
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Pietro
      > >

      > > __

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic