      De: Sudhiranjan Mandal <sudhiranjan1959@...>
      Objet: RE: [fukuoka_farming] (fukuoka farming) Weeds removal - Communist
      À: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mardi 4 mai 2010, 20h21

      This weed propagates very fast and is also very invasive.

      I think I read somewhere that the best way to deal with the menace is to pull out the weed,root and all,and burn it.It is a bit laborious,but it was suggested that this was the most effective way.
      you could try it,Satya.

      发件人: Satya Kamath <kamath_satya@ hotmail.com>
      收件人: fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com
      日期: 2010年5月4日,周二,下午6:26

      Hi Pawanji. You are right. This has become nuisance all over. In rainy season it looks very green and very attractive. It is not eaten by any animal and not useful at all for any purpose. It spoils the nutrient of the soil and is a new weed been introduced lately. Please let me have a cure for this.

      Chromolaena odorata

      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      Jump to: navigation, search

      Chromolaena odorata

      Scientific classification

      C. odorata

      Binomial name

      Chromolaena odorata
      (L.) King & H.E.Robins.

      Eupatorium odoratum
      Osmia odorata (L.) Sch.Bip.

      It was earlier taxonomically classified under the genus Eupatorium, but is now considered more closely related to other genera in the tribe Eupatorieae. [2]
      Chromolaena odorata is considered invasive weed of field crops in its introduced range, and has been reported to be the most problematic invasive species within protected rainforests in Africa.[3]

      1 Toxicity
      2 References
      3 Further reading
      4 External links

      [edit] Toxicity
      Chromolaena odorata contains carcinogenic pyrrolizidine alkaloids.[4]

      To: fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com
      From: apsastry@gmail. com
      Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:22:03 +0530

      I have searched a bit on google after reading your mail and i found that the
      Communist weed you mention is called Siam Weed/ Chromolaena odorata

      Please check and conifrm if this is the weed you are referring:
      http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Chromolaena_ odorata

      It seems to be a difficult problem and i could not readily find a solution
      though i saw that in some cases the weed has been used to improve yield of
      paddy/ groundnut.

      I request anybody who has dealt with this issue/ knows how to deal with it
      to respond to Satya.

      Pavan Sastry
      Asst. Business Analyst
      Tata Consultancy Services