10715Re: [fukuoka_farming] (fukuoka farming) Weeds removal - Communist

  • Pavan Sastry
    May 3, 2010
      Hi,

      I have searched a bit on google after reading your mail and i found that the
      Communist weed you mention is called Siam Weed/ Chromolaena odorata

      Please check and conifrm if this is the weed you are referring:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromolaena_odorata

      It seems to be a difficult problem and i could not readily find a solution
      though i saw that in some cases the weed has been used to improve yield of
      paddy/ groundnut.

      I request anybody who has dealt with this issue/ knows how to deal with it
      to respond to Satya.

      Regards,

      On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Satya Kamath <kamath_satya@...>wrote:

      > Hi Every body
      >
      > I am from Udupi district and we have a peculiar problem of weeds growing as
      > tall to 4 -5 feets in the farm and open space. The weed is called communist
      > by the locals and it does not allow other vegetables and plants to grow. It
      > flowers in the month of april may and the flowes fly in the air which
      > spreads all over the fields once again. Every year we have to to clear the
      > mess. If u burn the same in the summer , in the rainy season it once again
      > grows wild and completly distroys the nutrition in the soil. Can some body
      > in the group help.
      >
      > regards
      >
      > Satya
      >

      > To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com <fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>