      From: Suraj Kumar <suraj@...>
      Subject: Re: [fukuoka_farming] Natural farming and Drought
      To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:50 PM

      Bobby,

      When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no

      "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to

      share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,

      it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)

      Thanks,

      -Suraj

      On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@ gmail.com> wrote:

      > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.

      > THis month is the

      > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will

      > certainly be hurting.

      > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will

      > be working after

      > Christmas

      > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,

      > Bobby Ray

      > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@ yahoo.com<p_k_nandanan% 40yahoo.com>

      > >wrote:

      > > Hi All,

      > > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state

      > > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the

      > > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the

      > > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end up

      > in

      > > slums in the cities.

      > > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to some

      > > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.

      > > Regards,

      > > Nandan

      "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is

      our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"

      Dr. Albert Bartlett