Re: FuD&Dge

  • Nero
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 12, 2013
      Yeah, something like that.

      Thanks

      --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, Mike Harvey <maharvey67@...> wrote:

      > For me:
      > Ferocity - combat skill, used for both offense and defense
      > ODF/damage
      > DDF/armor
      >
      > Everything else is pretty much optional. Example
      >
      > Orc (fair, sword +2, leather +1)
      >
      > That's really all I need as I can ad-lib the rest. You can always add
      > details to the basic format for special monsters:
      >
      > George the swindler (mediocre, dagger +1, no armor, superb glibness)
      >
      > Ghoul (fair, claw +1, tough +2, silent,touch paralyzes, fights as two
      > creatures*)
      >
      > * treat as two combatants: It gains +1 against a single foe, or can fight
      > two enemies at no penalty. If it hits a single foe twice it inflicts +2
      > damage (roughly double, scale 2 is x2.2)
      >
      > Sent from my phone.
      > On Mar 11, 2013 7:48 PM, "Nero" <nrgrmss@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > The conversions at the links in the previous post are excellent. I was
      > > hoping for something more basic. Both conversions simplified the mechanic
      > > but kept the crunchy system for the bestiaries.
      > >
      > > What is the least amount of information needed for a monster?
      > >
      > > Attack Skill
      > >
      > > Defense Skill
      > >
      > > Unique Skill
      > >
      > > # appearing
      > >
      > > Size

    • Nero
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 18, 2013
        I've been lifting monster descriptions from Labyrinth Lord to practice.

        I like the level bump on multiple opponents, that way Goblins (easy to kill - hard to hit) can pose a real threat in numbers.

        > --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, Mike Harvey <maharvey67@> wrote:
        > >
        > > For me:
        > > Ferocity - combat skill, used for both offense and defense
        > > ODF/damage
        > > DDF/armor
        > >
        > > Everything else is pretty much optional. Example
        > >
        > > Orc (fair, sword +2, leather +1)
        > >
        > > That's really all I need as I can ad-lib the rest. You can always add
        > > details to the basic format for special monsters:
        > >
        > > George the swindler (mediocre, dagger +1, no armor, superb glibness)
        > >
        > > Ghoul (fair, claw +1, tough +2, silent,touch paralyzes, fights as two
        > > creatures*)
        > >
        > > * treat as two combatants: It gains +1 against a single foe, or can fight
        > > two enemies at no penalty. If it hits a single foe twice it inflicts +2
        > > damage (roughly double, scale 2 is x2.2)
      • arsfourth
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 24, 2013
          --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Nero" <nrgrmss@...> wrote:

          > I've been lifting monster descriptions from Labyrinth Lord to
          practice.

          > I like the level bump on multiple opponents, that way Goblins (easy to
          kill - hard to hit) can pose a real threat in numbers.

          I'm not familiar with Labyrinth Lord. How does this work?

        • Stephan Beal
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 24, 2013
            On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 8:45 AM, arsfourth <arsfourth@...> wrote:

            > **
            > I'm not familiar with Labyrinth Lord. How does this work?

            LL is a direct clone of the Red Box (and friends) D&D rules:
            http://goblinoidgames.com/labyrinthlord.html

            --
            ----- stephan beal
            http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/

          • arsfourth
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 24, 2013
              --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Nero" <nrgrmss@...> wrote:

              > I've been lifting monster descriptions from Labyrinth Lord to
              > practice.
              >
              > I like the level bump on multiple opponents, that way Goblins (easy
              > to kill - hard to hit) can pose a real threat in numbers.

              I didn't write clearly the first time. What is this "level bump on multiple opponents" in Labyrinth Lord of which you write? I think I get the gist of it, but I'm not familiar with LL.