Re: FuD&Dge

  • Nero
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 12, 2013
      Wow. That's minimal.

      Usually I loot Microlite.
      http://microlite20.net/

      I've played, but never run, Fudge; so I'm feeling my way. I have a chance to sit in on an open game night. Here's hoping.
    • Nero
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 12, 2013
        Yeah, something like that.

        Thanks

        --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, Mike Harvey <maharvey67@...> wrote:

        > For me:
        > Ferocity - combat skill, used for both offense and defense
        > ODF/damage
        > DDF/armor
        >
        > Everything else is pretty much optional. Example
        >
        > Orc (fair, sword +2, leather +1)
        >
        > That's really all I need as I can ad-lib the rest. You can always add
        > details to the basic format for special monsters:
        >
        > George the swindler (mediocre, dagger +1, no armor, superb glibness)
        >
        > Ghoul (fair, claw +1, tough +2, silent,touch paralyzes, fights as two
        > creatures*)
        >
        > * treat as two combatants: It gains +1 against a single foe, or can fight
        > two enemies at no penalty. If it hits a single foe twice it inflicts +2
        > damage (roughly double, scale 2 is x2.2)
        >
        > Sent from my phone.
        > On Mar 11, 2013 7:48 PM, "Nero" <nrgrmss@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > The conversions at the links in the previous post are excellent. I was
        > > hoping for something more basic. Both conversions simplified the mechanic
        > > but kept the crunchy system for the bestiaries.
        > >
        > > What is the least amount of information needed for a monster?
        > >
        > > Attack Skill
        > >
        > > Defense Skill
        > >
        > > Unique Skill
        > >
        > > # appearing
        > >
        > > Size

      • Nero
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 18, 2013
          I've been lifting monster descriptions from Labyrinth Lord to practice.

          I like the level bump on multiple opponents, that way Goblins (easy to kill - hard to hit) can pose a real threat in numbers.

          > --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, Mike Harvey <maharvey67@> wrote:
          > >
          > > For me:
          > > Ferocity - combat skill, used for both offense and defense
          > > ODF/damage
          > > DDF/armor
          > >
          > > Everything else is pretty much optional. Example
          > >
          > > Orc (fair, sword +2, leather +1)
          > >
          > > That's really all I need as I can ad-lib the rest. You can always add
          > > details to the basic format for special monsters:
          > >
          > > George the swindler (mediocre, dagger +1, no armor, superb glibness)
          > >
          > > Ghoul (fair, claw +1, tough +2, silent,touch paralyzes, fights as two
          > > creatures*)
          > >
          > > * treat as two combatants: It gains +1 against a single foe, or can fight
          > > two enemies at no penalty. If it hits a single foe twice it inflicts +2
          > > damage (roughly double, scale 2 is x2.2)
        • arsfourth
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 24, 2013
            --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Nero" <nrgrmss@...> wrote:

            > I've been lifting monster descriptions from Labyrinth Lord to
            practice.

            > I like the level bump on multiple opponents, that way Goblins (easy to
            kill - hard to hit) can pose a real threat in numbers.

            I'm not familiar with Labyrinth Lord. How does this work?

          • Stephan Beal
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 24, 2013
              On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 8:45 AM, arsfourth <arsfourth@...> wrote:

              > **
              > I'm not familiar with Labyrinth Lord. How does this work?

              LL is a direct clone of the Red Box (and friends) D&D rules:
              http://goblinoidgames.com/labyrinthlord.html

              --
              ----- stephan beal
              http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/

            • arsfourth
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 24, 2013
                --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Nero" <nrgrmss@...> wrote:

                > I've been lifting monster descriptions from Labyrinth Lord to
                > practice.
                >
                > I like the level bump on multiple opponents, that way Goblins (easy
                > to kill - hard to hit) can pose a real threat in numbers.

                I didn't write clearly the first time. What is this "level bump on multiple opponents" in Labyrinth Lord of which you write? I think I get the gist of it, but I'm not familiar with LL.