Re: Squad/Mass Combat Rules

  • douglasweber@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2012
      Why not just use the normal combat rules plus scale?

      So use the number of soldiers in each unit as the scale of the unit - e.g., 5 man squads would have a scale of 4.

      When attacking, add half of scale rounded down to skill and add half of scale rounded up to ODF (damage.) In this case, the 5 man squad would get a +2 to their attack skill and +2 to damage when attacking one individual.

      When defending, scale works normally - the squad adds +4 to DDF.

      When units of equal scale fight you can just treat it as a normal battle.

      Toss in some morale rules (e.g., perhaps a Mediocre morale roll when Hurt, getting tougher as damage increases and that should work for a simple system.