Cthulhu Fudge?

  • aka_cthuhlhu
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2012
      I'm looking to like to convert Call of Cthulhu to a new system and Fudge looks like it might fit the bill.

      Has anyone done this? Which version/variant of Fudge did you use as a starting point?

      How did you handle sanity?
    • Tim Hall
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2012
        On 04/03/2012 20:14, aka_cthuhlhu wrote:
        > Has anyone done this? Which version/variant of Fudge did you use as a starting point?

        I did, many years ago. I converted and ran published scenario with
        pre-generated characters. I kept the CoC skill list, just converting
        percentages to Fudge levels, using a conversion ratio of 15% = one level
        and a baseline of 50% = Fair.

        One thing I did do was add a second damage track for Sanity.
        --

        Tim Hall
        Weblog -> http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2012
          On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM, aka_cthuhlhu <demiurge@...> wrote:
          > I'm looking to like to convert Call of Cthulhu to a new system and Fudge
          > looks like it might fit the bill.
          >
          > Has anyone done this? Which version/variant of Fudge did you use as a
          > starting point?
          >
          > How did you handle sanity?

          I did it for a few convention games, where I made up characters per my
          whim, more or less, and went from there. Sanity was handled by a
          damage track.

          Allow me to suggest these links:
          http://www.fudgefactor.org/2006/01/fudging-it-basic-system-conversions.html

          http://www.panix.com/~sos/rpg/fsanity.html

          --
          John Fiala
          www.jcfiala.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2012
            I want to start Fudge Call Of Cthulhu compaign too. This is a list of links I read and I think can by interesting to you:

            http://web.archive.org/web/20021003121800/w3.one.net/~frohlich/fudge/coc/
            http://web.archive.org/web/20041028100211/http://www.cse.msu.edu/~behrends/rpg/fudge-cthulhu.html

            If have someone experience with playing CoC I will by happy to read it.

            PS: I just now listen to CoC podcast to learn more about game atmosfer and mechanic: http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/category/systems/call-of-cthulhu/