Looking for Critiques on my Wealth system

  • munkwunk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2012
      I am working on a cyberpunk setting for Fudge and wanted to solicit some feedback from you fine and knowledgeable folks. If you don't mind taking a few moments to read over my current Wealth system document and offer some thoughts, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

      It's a bit long to post here in its entirety, so I uploaded it to Google Docs. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rHlVo1dMyd0HRJFRijr_END5TxML-l6zzcbIeRyWalM/edit?hl=en_US

      I like the relative ease of the system, but find it clunky to discuss in terms of game mechanics. "That costs one Good Wealth" or "gain one Great purchase" just don't sound right.

      I'm open to any other thoughts, ideas, concerns, and criticisms. Thanks again!

      -Munkwunk
    • jlcsusara
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2012
        --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, "munkwunk" <munkwunk@...> wrote:

        > I am working on a cyberpunk setting for Fudge and wanted to solicit some feedback from you fine and knowledgeable folks. If you don't mind taking a few moments to read over my current Wealth system document and offer some thoughts, I'd sincerely appreciate it.
        >
        > It's a bit long to post here in its entirety, so I uploaded it to Google Docs. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rHlVo1dMyd0HRJFRijr_END5TxML-l6zzcbIeRyWalM/edit?hl=en_US
        >
        > I like the relative ease of the system, but find it clunky to discuss in terms of game mechanics. "That costs one Good Wealth" or "gain one Great purchase" just don't sound right.
        >
        > I'm open to any other thoughts, ideas, concerns, and criticisms. Thanks again!
        >

        > -Munkwunk

        Your Wealth System sounds good, Munkwunk. Of course, playtesting will give a better evaluation. :)

        So, by using up a "slot", enables the purchase of goods - I like that coz it's a "sure buy", a creditable system. ;)

        IMHO, rolling this Wealth trait is not necessary coz it complicates/ruins the above mechanics?

        As to terms, your example above can be "It's gonna cost ya Good!", "I made a Great purchase, wow!". :D
      • General
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2012
          Good job. For what its worth, I usually equal different amounts of wealth with amounts like "$1" or "1 gold piece", a "wallet full", a "chest full", a "bank vault" full, etc.