Re: [fudgecommunity] Re: Relationships for Fudge

  • Mark Cunningham
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
      When I was a kid I remember seeing travel editions of numerous games,
      particularly Yahtzee and it had a plastic tube that you shook and the
      dice would roll around in the tube but stay in place. I've done a
      google on it, but can find anything even close. But if you could get
      your hands on a plastic clear box, you can shake dice while on the
      train or standing etc. I know among my kids toys they have tons of
      different shaped plastic boxes that could be used in that way.

      Thats if you don't like using a digital device to fake your rolls.
      We've use the Palm dice roller from years ago that supported Fudge
      among other dice types. But it felt much more "random" than using real
      dice, not sure how to describe it. I'm sure the random seed on the
      device in question can influence rolls a lot more.

      I like rolling dice. I like playing with them while gaming, as it
      looks more attentive then if you start doodling. :)

      Mark
      --
      http://thedeadone.net
      http://lostheroesrpg.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
        I bought some small dice and some small plastic containers to make die rollers for long trips in the car.

        Each one had the following

        1 red die
        2 blue dice
        4 white dice (With 2 sides marged in green and two in red for use as fudge dice)

        The colors, of course could vary.

        With those combinations you can roll any number of dice from 1 to 7. (3 is the red and blue dice, 5 is white and red, etc.)

        It was handy.