Re: Highlights from the Fudge Chats

  • Pablo Jaime Conill
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
      I've been having the "Level Up" problem for a while, since my players
      come from D&D or similar games.
      In the end i've found a system that helps the players feel that they
      are improving and the real numerical progression is nearly the same
      (even slower...)
      I use Fudge = Experience. Each player can spend a maximum of 3 Fudge
      points in advancing skills or traits, but they can only spend one
      Fudge Point per trait per session. They have a table where they keep
      track of their advances with their traits, and this gives them an
      illusion of advancement, the idea that every session they advance a
      little, that their characters improve. I've tested the idea with other
      players, and so far has worked fairly well.