Re: Advice sought: Lightspeed Fudge/Fate?

  • shadrenae
    Message 1 of 15 , May 3, 2009
      --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, uspolaris@... wrote

      > So, to make this as useful as possible... what would everyone think of:
      >
      > 1. Lightspeed using FATE, with Fudge conversions as an appendix... the book being made available in print and pdf
      >
      > **OR**
      >
      > 2. Separate editions, but only being able to do pdf
      >
      > William

      I see I'm a bit late for this discussion, but I would like to see a separate Fudge edition, Option 2. FATE is a great system, but I prefer Fudge. I purchased Lightspeed a while ago and would love to see a Fudge version. In a later thread, you mentioned source books, which is a great idea.

      Larry
    • knaightb
      Message 2 of 15 , May 7, 2009
        --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, "shadrenae" <shadrenae@...> wrote:

        > --- In fudgecommunity@yahoogroups.com, uspolaris@ wrote
        > >
        > > So, to make this as useful as possible... what would everyone think of:
        > >
        > > 1. Lightspeed using FATE, with Fudge conversions as an appendix... the book being made available in print and pdf
        > >
        > > **OR**
        > >
        > > 2. Separate editions, but only being able to do pdf
        > >
        > > William
        > >

        > I see I'm a bit late for this discussion, but I would like to see a separate Fudge edition, Option 2. FATE is a great system, but I prefer Fudge. I purchased Lightspeed a while ago and would love to see a Fudge version. In a later thread, you mentioned source books, which is a great idea.
        >
        > Larry

        Its probably way too late, but I agree. I'm just a little too simulationist and not quite narrativist enough for Fate. Fudge is perfect for me, Fate takes a step too far in the narrativist direction, away from simulationism. And Lightspeed looks like something I might actually consider checking out soon, as one of the top Fudge products I need to get too. (Pariah and Now Playing are above it, particularly Pariah.)

        As for the Forge terms, I would prefer not to use them too much, but they actually did fit pretty well this time.
      • uspolaris@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 15 , May 8, 2009
          Hi guys,

          It is never too late...:) Thank you both for your input... I am not certain what we will do, but I would personally like to see a Fudge version done...:)

          William
          ComStar