Re: [ftpbench] New ftp server design.

  • Beau Kuiper
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 26, 2000
      On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, you wrote:

      > I'd aim for something that brings out its minimal threaded design..
      >
      > but there are _so many_ ftpds now that just calling it trumpefritz will
      > be as meaningful as anything else.

      i was actually planning on calling it ecftpd (experimental caching ftpd)

      Beau Kuiper
      kuiperba@...
    • Zach Brown
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 28, 2000
        > disagree with whoever I like too :-), that includes both you and Ingo. I just
        > don't see the reason to put programs into the kernel other than to score really
        > high benchmarks! I have enough problems with userland programs thank you :-P
        > You don't have to agree with me on this.

        I agree with you to some extent :) Hell, you can search linux-kernel
        archives for my initial reactions to khttpd :)

        Ingo took the initial crappy khttpd to another level, though, and in doing
        so showed the next step to extend what he learned into a userspace API.
        True, its yucky layering, but experimenting with it tought us things
        about high end networking that weren't readily apparent before.

        > Heeelllllpp, I am being burnt to a crisp here!

        all in good fun :)

        --
        zach