using dkftpebnch for load

  • chetan_the_gaul
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2005
      Hi,

      Have started using this tool since a couple of days.
      Can anyone suggest me the best way to use this to generate load.
      I have been successful in generating load in the order of thousands of
      requests against the ftp server i use.
      But when i have a ftp proxy in between the number of requests does not
      scale beyond 200. The average seems to be around 130.
      This is what my active connections show when i check the stats in the
      proxy.
      I am looking for a load in the order of thousands in this case too.
      Appreciate if anyone suggests me a way out.

      TIA

      warm regards,
      Chetan
    • Dan Kegel
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2005
        chetan_the_gaul wrote:
        > Have started using this tool since a couple of days.
        > Can anyone suggest me the best way to use this to generate load.
        > I have been successful in generating load in the order of thousands of
        > requests against the ftp server i use.
        > But when i have a ftp proxy in between the number of requests does not
        > scale beyond 200. The average seems to be around 130.
        > This is what my active connections show when i check the stats in the
        > proxy.
        > I am looking for a load in the order of thousands in this case too.

        Could it be your proxy has a bottleneck?
        - Dan

        --
        Trying to get a job as a c++ developer? See http://kegel.com/academy/getting-hired.html
      • chetan_the_gaul
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2005
          --- In ftpbench@yahoogroups.com, Dan Kegel <dank@k...> wrote:
          > chetan_the_gaul wrote:
          > > Have started using this tool since a couple of days.
          > > Can anyone suggest me the best way to use this to generate load.
          > > I have been successful in generating load in the order of thousands of
          > > requests against the ftp server i use.
          > > But when i have a ftp proxy in between the number of requests does not
          > > scale beyond 200. The average seems to be around 130.
          > > This is what my active connections show when i check the stats in the
          > > proxy.
          > > I am looking for a load in the order of thousands in this case too.
          >
          > Could it be your proxy has a bottleneck?
          > - Dan

          i dont think the proxy is the bottleneck, because the cpu usage and
          mem usage is still low in the proxy.
          for http load generation with the proxy in place we can scale to more
          than 1000 requests. used a different tool for http though. So i am
          still wondering where the problem lies.
          this is what i did to generate the load.
          ./dkftpbench -hhost -uuser -ppasswd -fx1000k.dat -n500

          -chetan