Re: [ftpbench] dkftpbench question

  • Dan Kegel
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2002
      zhang li wrote:

      > Dan Kegel wrote:
      > > zhang_zoe wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I run "time dkftpbench -hssl-2.cs.unm.edu -n3000
      > > > -t180 -b1000 -u? -p?
      > > > -fglobus.eps -sp" in host where ftp client is
      > > > running. but i got error message:
      > > > robouser0::ftpCmdDone:GETTING: xerr 0, status 550,
      > > > aborting
      > > >
      > > > What's wrong with it?
      > >
      > > The status value of 550 is from the FTP server. It
      > > is defined in the FTP RFC as
      > > 550 Requested action not taken.
      > > File unavailable (e.g., file not found,
      > > no access).
      > > Most likely, the file globus.eps was not found.
      >
      > but four processes are successfully(get the file
      > successfully) before the error pops up.

      Are you sure? The log you posted made it look like
      two robousers had *started* but it wasn't clear they'd actually
      fetched any files.

      Try it with just 1 user first, and crank up the verbosity.
      - Dan
    • zhang li
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2002
        Anybody know what does this mean when running "time
        dkftpbench ..."

        "real 1m0.259s
        user 0m0.060s
        sys 0m0.200s"

        what does "real", "user", "sys" mean respectively?

        Thanks.

        li

        --- Dan Kegel <dank@...> wrote:
        > zhang li wrote:
        > >
        > > Dan Kegel wrote:

        > -n3000
        > 550,

        > > > The status value of 550 is from the FTP server.
        > It
        > > > is defined in the FTP RFC as
        > > > 550 Requested action not taken.
        > > > File unavailable (e.g., file not
        > found,
        > > > no access).
        > > > Most likely, the file globus.eps was not found.
        > >
        > > but four processes are successfully(get the file
        > > successfully) before the error pops up.
        >
        > Are you sure? The log you posted made it look like
        > two robousers had *started* but it wasn't clear
        > they'd actually
        > fetched any files.
        >
        > Try it with just 1 user first, and crank up the
        > verbosity.
        > - Dan

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Jason Shupe
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2002
          "man time" says:

          These statistics consist of (i) the
          elapsed real time between invocation and termination, (ii)
          the user CPU time (the sum of the tms_utime and tms_cutime
          values in a struct tms as returned by times(2)), and (iii)
          the system CPU time (the sum of the tms_stime and
          tms_cstime values in a struct tms as returned by
          times(2)).