dkftpbench-0.38 released

  • Dan Kegel
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2001
      CHANGELOG for dkftpbench
      0.38
      Compiles on Solaris 7 -- getifaddrs.c doesn't do anything
      there yet, but at least it compiles.

      You may now override CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS during configure,
      as is customary with autoconf.

      robouser_test takes optional arguments so it's more useful
      during troubleshooting. Its defaults were updated to be more
      likely to work for everyone.

      By the way, I'm thinking about how to remote control a bunch
      of machines running dkftpbench, and I think I'm going to try
      writing a Corba object for dkftpbench (and another for
      betaftpd). The idea is, Corba is finally maturing, has lots of
      good free implementations, has a good book finally, and
      presents a familiar paradigm to the programmer.

      That, and I'm still feeling burned from having several
      good programmers reject a perfectly good I/O framework I
      wrote last year simply because it was oriented around
      nonblocking I/O and message passing. "Too strange",
      they said. They replaced it with SOAP.

      If you can't beat the bloat, join it. At least Corba
      has a 5x edge in performance over SOAP...

      - Dan
    • Francis little
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2001
        have a look at http://www.acl.lanl.gov/~rminnich/
        there is a program to start processes on remote machines called VX.

        >>> Dan Kegel <dank@...> 12/11/01 08:48pm >>>
        CHANGELOG for dkftpbench
        0.38
        Compiles on Solaris 7 -- getifaddrs.c doesn't do anything
        there yet, but at least it compiles.

        You may now override CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS during configure,
        as is customary with autoconf.

        robouser_test takes optional arguments so it's more useful
        during troubleshooting. Its defaults were updated to be more
        likely to work for everyone.

        By the way, I'm thinking about how to remote control a bunch
        of machines running dkftpbench, and I think I'm going to try
        writing a Corba object for dkftpbench (and another for
        betaftpd). The idea is, Corba is finally maturing, has lots of
        good free implementations, has a good book finally, and
        presents a familiar paradigm to the programmer.

        That, and I'm still feeling burned from having several
        good programmers reject a perfectly good I/O framework I
        wrote last year simply because it was oriented around
        nonblocking I/O and message passing. "Too strange",
        they said. They replaced it with SOAP.

        If you can't beat the bloat, join it. At least Corba
        has a 5x edge in performance over SOAP...

        - Dan

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: ftpbench@onelist.com
        Subscribe: ftpbench-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.onelist.com/community/ftpbench

        Code:
        http://www.kegel.com/dkftpbench/

      • Dan Kegel
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2001
          Nifty. I'll bookmark that. I don't think it'll do
          what I need for dkftpbench, but it might be handy for
          something else sometime.
          - Dan