Invasive J. Knotweed hunt this Saturday, Starkweather Creek

  • john steines
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2013
      Hello - please join us Saturday, April 13 departure 10 am from Goodman Center parking lot to hunt for Japonese Knotweed in Starkweather wetlands.  We have several locations we want to follow up on, will brief on plant specifics for identification and touch on eradication strategies and risks to wetlands.  Plan 2 hours from 10 am to noon, Saturday April 13.  Wear appropriate clothing and foot wear for possibly slightly soggy and brushy locations.  j
    • john steines
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12, 2013
        Reminder - invasive knotweed walk is happening tomorrow morning 10 - noon.  We'll be walking along railroad tracks from Goodman Center to know locations where w can see knotweed from last year.  It was not sprouted as of several days ago - but seeingthe stems from last yar will help you identify it.  Fliers  will be available.  Thanks.  j