Starkweather Bike Ride- This Saturday

  • Allison
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2011
      FSC is leading a bike ride on Saturday September 10th.

      Meet at the Goodman Community Center parking lot at the bike racks near the main entrance on the east side of the building at 10am.

      Bike out the Starkweather path, viewing the recent streambank restoration project on the West Branch at the Carpenter-Ridgeway Neighborhood.

      Continue to East Towne to view the East Branch near Zeier Road, where the City of Madison is undertaking a similar streambank vegetation restoration, including removing invasive species, planting natives, and constructing a walking trail.

      Return to the Goodman Community Center around noon.

      Bring your bicycle, a helmet, clothing for the day's weather, and a bike lock. (We may park our bikes and walk part of the Zeier Rd. stream reach.)