Creek pollutants

  • Craig or Helena
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2009
      Hi everyone,
      This is Craig from the Eken Park Neighbourhood.
      As some of you may be aware, we are coordinating with Community Action
      Coalition
      in getting the long-awaited community garden installed in the
      McCormick Avenue
      greenspace adjacent to the creek.

      A question arose:
      Does anyone know of possible pollutants in the creek in this area?
      We are concerned about run-off from airport activities (de-icing comes
      to mind), the
      landfill on MATC property, and anything else we should be aware of
      that could leech
      into the soil.

      Thank you in advance.

      Craig Cullum