Fwd: [SASYNA-Discussions] TONIGHT 7:15 PM Future of Olbrich Park

  • john steines
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2009
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Dan Melton <oakville000@...>
      Date: Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:23 AM
      Subject: [SASYNA-Discussions] TONIGHT 7:15 PM Future of Olbrich Park
      To: sasyna-discussions@yahoogroups.com

      Future of Olbrich Park

      A neighborhood conversation

      You're invited

      Thursday Feb 12 - 7:15 PM
      @ Goodman Community Center

      Our regular 2nd-Thursday-of-the-month neighborhood association meeting is
      TONIGHT, Thursday February 12, 7:15 PM, at the Goodman Community Center.

      This month we're talking about the future of Olbrich Park.

      You're all invited.

      Bill Bauer, from the City Parks Department, will be at the meeting tonight to
      present the City's current proposed master plan for Olbrich Park. Atwood
      neighbors have many questions and concerns, such as:

      * Future amount of pavement - # of parking spaces and amount of paved road
      north of the bike path;

      * Proposal to take out 2 softball diamonds and parking lot to allow Olbrich
      Gardens to expand east of Starkweather Creek; and

      * Proposal to expand boat parking on the grass next to Lake Monona.

      The City Board of Park Commissioners expects to make a final decision on the
      future of Olbrich Park at its March 11 meeting.