Contact County Board in Support of RTA

  • Scott Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15 6:03 PM
      Greetings:

      The county board will vote on a resolution Thursday (8/16) supporting formation of a Regional Transit Authority in Dane County. I encourage you to contact your board representative (or even contact the whole board by sending an email to: county_board_recipients@... ) expressing your support for an RTA.

      What does the RTA have to do with water quality? An RTA will encourage better transportation planning, more compact growth, less impervious surface area and, finally, reduced stormwater runoff to our beleaguered waters.

      Passage of the resolution is likely but emails in support still are extremely valuable. Also, come to the county board meeting and register and/or speak in favor of the resolution Thursday at 7PM, room 201 City-County Bldg. Just registering is valuable if you don't want to speak. Thanks for your help.

      Scott Taylor
      Friends of Starkweather Creek

      Colleen Lourigan <badfish_creek@...> wrote:
      The new Friends of Badfish Creek group is hostessing the Tuesday, July 17 meeting.  The meeting will be held in the 1st floor conference room at 1 Fen Oak Court, Madison, (Lyman Anderson Building).  It will begin with a potluck at 6:00p.m.

      If anyone has something they want to add to the agenda we can add it in Tuesday evening.  Here is a short tentative agenda.

      6:00pm  Potluck (optional)
                   Bring a dish to pass and your place setting.  Bring your own beverage.

      6:30pm  Items to add to the agenda or time changes considered

      6:35pm  Welcome - Friends of Badfish Creek representatives: Colleen & Caroline

      6:40pm  What we've learned about Badfish Creek so far - presentation

      7:00 pm  Q&A

      7:15 pm  Round Robin of Updates.  Introductions and chance to hear what other groups are
                   doing and planning.

      7:45 pm  Updates and Announcements from the Office of Lakes and Watersheds

                   dane stewards listserv info:  danestewards- subscribe@ yahoogroups. com

      8:00 pm  Next quarterly meetings:  hosts and topics

      8:30pm  Adjourn

      Taylor Conservation, LLC.
      3328 Chicago Ave.
      Madison, WI. 53714