Quarterly city meeting reminder

  • Steve Gaffield
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
      Thursday, Jan 11 4:30 pm at Larry Nelson's office in the City-County Building. Si Widstrand from Parks will attend to talk about trails on the Blettner property - I hope someone knowledgible / interested in this issue can attend.

      Topics:
      - Possible monitoring equipment purchase
      - Blettner property trails
      - ???

      Send me other topics you'd like to discuss, and let me know if you think you can make it.

      -- Steve

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • John Steines
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
        Steve,
        what about the creek section west branch East Wash to Milwaukee design?
        I understand they haven't mastered the 100 year flood restrictions and
        haven't looked at redesigning the east side, are only looking at the
        west side...Clyde Gallagher. Both sides will need to have sanitary
        sewer replacement.

        Why does Parks want to put trails out on the Blettner property already?
        I have the map (I guess from MFR) of that site, but the map topo does
        not match what is there now.
        Are they intending to restore the topography to the original plat (if
        this is it)?
        Are they interested in getting trails out there prior to an effort to
        see if the wetlands can be revitalized (somewhat naturally) in high flow?
        Or, is this an effort to supply primary accessibility to the site
        (boardwalk/bridge to upland minimum - use existing trails that are there
        as footpaths)? Unless it's the later, I don't understand the rush.
        Boardwalk to oak island???
        I expect to be there.
        On Thursday, January 4, 2007, at 12:13 , Steve Gaffield wrote:

        > Thursday, Jan 11 4:30 pm at Larry Nelson's office in the City-County
        > Building. Si Widstrand from Parks will attend to talk about trails on
        > the Blettner property - I hope someone knowledgible / interested in
        > this issue can attend.
        >
        > Topics:
        > - Possible monitoring equipment purchase
        > - Blettner property trails
        > - ???
        >
        > Send me other topics you'd like to discuss, and let me know if you
        > think you can make it.
        >
        > -- Steve

      • Betty Chewning
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
          Si and others are always interested in establishing bike links.  I would greatly appreciate hearing if they are talking about "low impact" trails at all and if they are talking about bike paths are they talking about the standard asphalt, what is the width (12 feet??), if they are talking bike paths exactly where they would have the bike paths, would they consider packed rock and narrower paths rather than the paved using the Yahara paths as an example....where we wanted to retain a natural feel rather than establish more transportation corridors.  Who is going to the meeting?

          John Steines wrote:
[...]

           Friends of Starkweather Creek website:
           http://www.starkweatherfriends.org
          Yahoo! Groups Links