WEDNESDAY MEETING

  • Rebecca Wuetrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2006
      Is there anything that I need to bring to the meeting Wednesday; snacks, pens or paper for drawing etc.....

      Becky

      Get your own >web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.
    • Ellen Rulseh
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2006

        Greetings Everyone~

        Again, big thanks for your help in the final effort to “button up” our rain garden.

        It’s weathering the weather as it should; most plants have gone dormant by now.  There are two areas where the bank is “thin” and eroding; we have recommended the use of bio-degradable tubes of compost, which will stabilize the bank until we can plant another tray or two of plants (36-78) into the compost tubes in the spring.

        Madison Kipp staff provided additional assistance recently, at my request, and scooped the mini-mulch hills all into one pile with their “bobcat.”  The plan is to keep that pile there until spring, as more mulch will be needed to cover up the “weed barrier” as the chips move around in spring rains; applying some additional mulch in the spring will continue to protect the plants and minimize the weeds.

        We’ve thanked Whitehorse teachers Kit Rittman and Amy Lemens and Madison Kipp leadership and staff; will get a formal letter of appreciation out through Rock River Coalition.  The plan for spring maintenance is that the middle school kids & teachers will return before school ends and again next fall to assist with weeding.  It would be great to have more volunteer participation from FoSC in one or two summer weeding “parties”.  Also, Madison Kipp staff will help us water the rain garden during any dry periods, as needed, this spring and summer.  We provided them with an additional 150 feet of hose, which they needed, and a large “sprinkler” for this purpose.

        I’m getting a temporary sign made that will list project sponsors, as well as a more permanent interpretive sign – explaining rain gardens and their benefits - recognizing sponsors, through the Rock River Coalition.

        I plan to be at the FoSC Board meeting tomorrow, but may arrive around 9:00AM.

        Best regards,

        ~Ellen

        Is a healer.

        Ellen Rulseh, President

        Earth & Water Works, LLC

        (rain gardens, shoreline buffers, prairie restorations and green roofs)

        ellen@...

        (608) 240-9424

        www.earthwaterworks.com

        Growing better communities from the groundwater up!