Thursday evening walk

  • Rebecca Wuetrich
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      Wow, what a wonderful oasis in the city. Thursday evening I walk along Starkweather. The recent rains have caused high water in the creek and made for excellent canoeing as I passed a couple on their voyage. At the T that branches off to Fair Oaks there was a magnificent Blue Heron. I notice the large fish that were feeding in that section of the creek and I wished I had had a fishing pole with me. I met a few dog walkers along the creek and one man shared with me that he has seen a large Snapping Turtle swimming near the O.B.Sherry bridge. I later crossed over Fair Oaks and took the path leading to Dixon Park. Near the rail road tracks there were nearly a dozen ducks nesting in the area. All good signs of a health creek.

      I have been waiting to hear back from Si, with the Madison Parks Dpt., on getting some gravel delivered on the Ivy street side of the OB Sherry bridge so I can schedule a work day. Perhaps on Sept 9th I can get that on the agenda,

      Becky