Madison Area Weed Warriors to be on WPTV this week

  • tammy bieberstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hello everyone,

      I just wanted to share with you that the weed warriors are on 'In Wisconsin' this week. I invite you to view our work in bringing people in communities together to get connected to the earth and protect our biodiversity. I am pleased that this will air state wide, as the problem of invasive species out of place goes state wide and beyond to the whole planet. Some of you recieving this email are in this airing too, and I thank all of you who have been coming out to help with the invasives.

      Info is below

      Pulling together,

      Tammy Bieberstein

      Thursday, November 3

      7-7:30 P.M.  In Wisconsin
      - The first in Frederica Freyberg's four-part report on methamphetamine
      -
      details what the drug is, how cheap and easy it is to acquire, and
      what
      it does to the user and to the communities in Wisconsin where it is
      being
      bought and sold.  The series will run for the next four weeks on In
      Wisconsin.

      - Meet Tammy Beiberstein on a quest to rid the state of the invasive
      garlic mustard with her Madison Area Weed Warriors.

      - Learn how a farmer in Washington Island and a brewer in Madison have
      partnered to offer a new beer called "Island Brew" made with home-grown
      Wisconsin ingredients.  That partnership is helping revive agriculture
      on
      Washington Island that begins with Leah Caplan owner of The Washington
      Hotel and Tom Koyen a fifth generation island resident.

      .