Plymouth UCC ad campaign

  • John Steines
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1 12:01 PM
      FYI Plymouth UCC on Atwood Avenue is involved in a national ad campaign
      intended to start today. The ad has been rejected by ABC, CBS, NBC - I
      believe all three, because it is 'too controversial'. Plymouth UCC is a
      supporter of Freidns of Starkweather Creek. To view this
      'controversial' ad go to:

      Still Speaking webcast ad campaign @

      http://www.stillspeaking.com/default.htm

      Then, when you figure out what the controversy is about, please share
      that insight!

      Thanks.

      john
    • Andy Olsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1 12:23 PM
        John:

        Excellent of UCC to help the FSC!

        Near as I can tell, the UCC disagreed with Bush and that's why it was censored. However,the censoring networks only include CBS/UPN and NBC. It's a sad day in America when a message of welcomeness and inclusion is deemed controversial.

        CBS provided an explanation to Josh Marhall, http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/
        The issue is also covered here: http://mediamatters.org/items/200412010005

        I called the offending networks to complain: CBS: 212-975-3247 NBC: 212-664-2333

        -Andy Olsen
        American

        p.s. Great article in the Cap Times!