LAST CHANCE - Please register for Voice of Our Waters

  • John Steines
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004

      Contact Marcia Hartwig, 224-3746 or hartwig@... with
      questions.

      Calling all friends of Dane County waters and watersheds!

      Voice of Our Waters

      A participatory workshop hosted by the
      Dane County Lakes and Watershed Commission

      Saturday, November 6, 2004

      UW-Madison Arboretum Visitor Center, 1207 Seminole Highway, Madison WI

      9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

      Here's who's coming so far : Friends of Lake Wingra, Black Earth Creek
      Watershed Association, Friends of Monona Bay,  Friends of Starkweather
      Creek, Lake Nancy Protection Assoc., Upper Sugar River Watershed
      Association, WDNR, River Task Force (Stoughton); Town of Dunn Parks
      Commission, Center for Limnology, Madison Gas and Electric, DC Lakes and
      Watershed Commission, Dane County Parks, Inter-Fluve, Inc.,  Wisconsin
      Association of Lakes, Belle Isle Neighborhood Association, private
      consultant, Sustain Dane, River Alliance of Wisconsin, Rock River
      Coalition, Lower Yahara Conservancy Center, Natural Heritage Land Trust

      Network with friends and make new contacts from across the county and
      take home:

      ·         Tips from conservation groups and individual citizens who
      successfully influence programs or policies to protect our waters.

      ·         Tips from municipal staff and elected officials how citizens'
      groups can to work most effectively with them.

      ·         A post-workshop strategy to bring our voices into Dane County
      and municipal planning processes over the coming year.

      ·         A summary of the results, within 2-3 weeks after the workshop.

      Who should attend? All those who help protect Dane County's waters:

      §        Local conservation groups focused on a particular lake, stream,
      wetland, or watershed.

      §        County-wide resource protection and conservation groups (e.g.,
      fishing and hunting groups, land trusts, other environmental or
      sustainability groups).

      §        Individuals interested in learning more about how to help
      protect Dane County waters.

      §        Elected officials and agency staff seeking to build stronger
      connections with people working on water and watershed issues in Dane
      County.

      Agenda

      ~       Introduction. Who is here? What will we accomplish today?

      ~       Learn from others' successesand how to make them work for you

      §        through lessons learned from two case studies (a facilitated
      panel of volunteers, government staff, & elected officials)

      §        from the experiences of all participants

      ~       Open time to network & visit displays

      ~       Brainstorm specific strategies (programs and policies) and plan
      to carry them directly into current Dane County and municipal
      comprehensive planning projects.

      To register:

      Make checks payable to "Dane County Treasurer." Send completed form with
      $15 to:

      Voice of Our Waters

      c/o Dane County Land Conservation Department

      One Fen Oak Court, Room 208

      Madison WI 53718-8812

      Name______

      Address_____

      Phone______

      Email_______

      Group, municipality, agency_____

      ___ I would like to bring a display for my group. (Space available on a
      first-come, first-served basis. Sorry, non-profits only, no businesses.)

      Registrations must be mailed in with payment. We're unable to take
      registrations via e-mail. Contact Marcia Hartwig, 224-3746 or
      hartwig@... with questions.

      <File attached: image.tiff>
      If you need an interpreter, materials in alternate formats, or other
      accommodations to access this workshop, please contact Michelle Woldt at
      266-4296 (266-9138 TDD) as much in advance as possible (10 or more days
      notice is especially helpful).

      1Workshop planning committee: Cheryl Bauer-Armstrong, Friends of Lake
      Wingra; Barbara Borns, Black Earth Creek Watershed Association; Anne
      Forbes, Partners in Place LLC, workshop facilitator; Mindy Habecker,
      Dane County Extension; Scott Taylor, Friends of Starkweather Creek; Kate
      Wipperman, Natural Heritage Land Trust; and Sue Jones, Marcia Hartwig,
      and John Magnuson, Dane County Lakes and Watershed Commission