trail building at Carpenter Ridgeway Sat 9/11

  • Michael Forster Rothbart
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2004
      Friends,

      The work on the new Carpenter-Ridgeway trail along Starkweather Creek
      is nearly complete! Since our workday in August, neighborhood
      residents have been working on the trail.

      We now need to finish grading and smoothing out the trail. Please
      join us this Saturday, Sept 11 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.

      Full details are below.

      thanks,

      Michael F R

      ------------

      SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11th, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.

      YOUR HELP IS NEEDED on a joint project with the Carpenter-Ridgeway
      Neighborhood.

      We will be completing a 1,200 foot walking trail along Starkweather
      Creek near the Bridges Golf Course, adding to trails already created
      by the neighborhood. We will smooth the trail, get sweaty, move
      dirt and generally have a grand old time.

      LOCATION: Carpenter-Ridgeway Park, (1220 Carpenter St.). Carpenter is
      off East Washington between Fair Oaks and Aberg Ave. From East
      Washington, take Carpenter 3 blocks north, over the hill, to the park.

      WHAT TO BRING: shovels, hoes, work clothes, gloves, boots.

      Please spread the word!

      And then, on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18th, 10 am to 11:30 am

      We'll celebrate with a

      DEDICATION of the Carpenter-Ridgeway walking trails and rain garden,
      with Madison Mayor Dave Cieslewiscz.

      Tours from 10 to 11 am

      Dedication at 11 am

      LOCATION: Carpenter-Ridgeway Park, (1220 Carpenter St.).

      Questions: contact Randy Glysch at 244-0054

      This is a collaborative project between the Friends of Starkweather
      Creek, Carpenter-Ridgeway Neighborhood, Bridges Golf Course, Madison
      Parks Department, and Youth Services of Southern Wisconsin.