'After the Storm' tv show

  • Karolyn Beebe
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      fyi -

      --- forwarded message ---

      Stormwater on TV!
      We are proud to announce the upcoming broadcast of the half-hour TV special, AFTER THE STORM. This new documentary will be aired on February 4, 2004 at 8:00 pm (EST) on the Weather Channel and was inspired by our highly successful stormwater brochure, also called After the Storm.

      The program focuses on the effects of polluted stormwater runoff, which is the leading cause of problems to our nation's rivers, lakes, and coastal waters. During the half-hour three areas of the country are visited -- Santa Monica Bay, the Mississippi River Basin/Gulf of Mexico, and New York City -- to highlight the kind of problems that polluted stormwater runoff can pose to the quality of local waters. The program also illustrates simple things that citizens can do to help protect their local watersheds.

      Additional showings include: February 4, 2004 at 11 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST), Sunday, May 9th at 8:30 and 11:30 pm EST and Saturday, June 26th at 8:30 and 11:30 pm EST.

      Viewers are encouraged to visit the EPA website www.epa.gov/weatherchannel for more information about what they can do. Citizens can also request a free copy of the After the Storm brochure at this website.

      After six months, EPA owns the rights to the special. The Agency intends to make After the Storm available to other television stations and educational organizations interested in broadcasting the show.

      EPA's Issues New NPDES Permit Writers' Guidance Manual for CAFOs - A new
      guidance manual to aid permit writers responsible for issuing National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits to concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) is now available at www.epa.gov/npdes/caforule

      Nikos Singelis
      Office of Wastewater Management
      U.S. EPA, 202-564-0692