In Rely to Zippy

  • bfitbhappy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2002
      I lost someone, my uncle was fruitarian. He contacted cancer even
      after being fruitarian/borderline vegan for 28 years. He was skin
      and bones when he died at only age 55. he was a pretty tall man,
      about 6 ft, but his weight always was way low. He broke many bones,
      had numerous problems. He was so skinny it was awful and when he got
      cancer, it made it even worse. He had no fat or meat on his body to
      fight with. His immune system was totally compramised. Then he
      refused treatment, refused to eat anything other than fruit and nuts
      and some greens and he died screaming in pain. It was horrible. I
      hate thinking about it. It is unfortunate what happened to Carolyn
      and true, SOUTHLADOGS might have been doing what she THOUGHT was
      right. But WHAT IS RIGHT FOR ONE PERSON IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT FOR
      ANOTHER.

      Our bodies all have different needs. Not all of us need the same
      amount of protien, antioxidants, the same amount of minerals. We
      all have different levels at which we function. Our blood types are
      all different, our bodies all run at varying speeds, we have
      different backgrounds, lifestyles, cultures, etc... I am pretty much
      vegetarian except for some fish and chicken or turkey on occasion. I
      supplement with Creatine and meal replacement shakes as well as lots
      of fruits, veggies and grains. I work out with weights four days a
      week and love to walk, swim and hike as well. I could never even
      lift wieghts if I had to live on a fruitarian diet. Not enough good,
      complex carbs to pump up glycogen levels to be able to lift. I need
      carbs especially when leg pressing 200 or squatting 110, or barbell
      curling 50 lbs. Im aging and I believe there is more to health and
      fitness that the disinfected life that SOUTHLADOGS seems to promote.

      I believe health and fitness is also our attitudes and behaviors we
      exhibit towards others, the shining inner beauty that we present, the
      friendships we have, the laughter we give, the way we treat people.
      I wish SOUTHLDOGS could see this and understand. Yes I think she was
      just trying to do what is right, but it was what was right in HER
      eyes and she did not have the consideration to believe that what
      might be right for her may not be right for someone else. It's very
      sad that people can be so blind. Im sorry to hear about what the
      Fruitarian lifestyle did to you Zippy. Im glad to hear you are on
      the road to recovery. Maybe you can also be a testament, a lesson we
      can learn from. It almost cost you your life. Maybe you can be one
      to teach others what you know...I know I will be listening...

      Sincerely!
    • Mark Hovila
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2002
        bfitbhappy,

        Would you mind telling us a few details about your uncle who died at age 55?  What kind of cancer did he get?  Can you tell us more about his diet?  When you say fruitarian/borderline vegan does that mean he ate some animal products?  Do you think there were other factors besides his diet that may have contributed to his cancer?

        Mark
      • bfitbhappy
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2002
          HELLO,
          MY UNCLE ATE NOTHING MORE THAN FRUITS, VEGGIES, NUTS, AND GREENS AND
          LOTS OF JUICES. HE GOT AWAY FROM ANIMAL WAY BACK A LONG TIME AGO.
          BUT HE STILL GOT CANCER AND NO ONE KNOWS WHY EXCEPT THAT MAYBE IT WAS
          GENETIC. NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE. SOMETIMES THE BODY JUST CREATES
          MUTANT STRAINS. BUT WITH ALL THE DIMINISHED NUTRIENTS IN THE SOIL
          AND THE PESTICIDES, IT DOESNT SUPRISE ME REALLY. HE GOT CANCER OF
          THE LYMPH SYSTEM.