To forgive--yes--to be a doormat--no

  • bfitbhappy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2002
      I agree that we do need to forgive, that part is true. Because
      forgiveness does free us. But forgivenss does not mean we allow
      ourselves to get walked on. We have to realize that this is an
      example, a lesson to learn from. This is what happens when one
      person, someone who thinks they have ALL the knowledge, and ALL the
      truth, and ALL the rights, tries to pretend they are above everyone
      else and better than everyone else. Eventually those who put
      themselves above everyone else, those who feel they are the self-
      proclaimed, upholder of knowledge and truth, get brought down low.

      And this is one of those times. Everyone just has to be aware from
      now on. We have to be able to keep our eyes and ears open for the
      signs and then step up to the plate and say something to that person
      regardless of what they think or if they get mad. SOUTHLADOGS was
      wrong this time. It's true. She was wrong! And whether she ever
      admits that to herself or to the group, that remains to be seen. No,
      I dont think there should be criminal charges brought against her.
      But I do think that the people in this group needs to warn others who
      come into the forum and that everyone needs to listen to thier own
      instincts. We all need to do what we know is right, no matter what
      anyone else tells us.

      Carolyn CHOSE to follow SOUTHLADOGS advice. Nothing can be done
      about that. I just think SOUTHLADOGS should come forward and admit
      she was wrong and that she made a stupid mistake. I think that would
      be a good step to take. If she doesnt come forward and admit she was
      wrong then it tells you all alot more about her and the type of
      person she really is.