TO THE REST OF THE GROUP...FROM LYNN

  • lynnredcat10
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2002
      DEAREST PEOPLE,
      LET ME BEGIN BY EXPRESSING TO YOU MY THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND
      SINCERITY IN THIS SITUATION. FOR A WHILE I KIND OF THOUGHT I DID NOT
      HAVE A FRIEND IN THE WORLD ON THIS PANEL. I THOUGHT FOR A WHILE
      THERE THAT I WAS THE ONLY ONE LIKE ME. I THOUGHT THAT EVERYONE
      BELIEVED EXACTLY THE SAME WAY...NOW I SEE THAT IS NOT TRUE. I SEE IM
      NOT ALONE AND THAT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW. YOUR WORDS OF COMFORT AND
      COMPASSION WARMS MY SPIRIT AND WILL GO WITH ME AS I HEAL FROM THIS.

      CAROLYN EILEEN CHAK--AGE 30, WAS MY BEST FRIEND OF SOME 15 YEARS. WE
      MET AT AN AIR SHOW THAT MY FAMILY WAS ATTENDING. WE WERE ALL
      WATCHING THE U.S. AIR FORCE THUNDERBIRDS POWER UP THEIR JETS FOR
      THIER PERFORMANCE AND THERE SHE WAS...A LITTLE, SPRITE OF A GAL WITH
      A BIG SMIILE ON HER FACE. HER EYES JUST SPARKLED. SHE WAS A
      BEAUTIFUL PERSON RIGHT OFF THE BAT. WE ALL GOT TO TALKING IN BETWEEN
      PASSES AND IT AMAZED ME THAT CAROLYN KNEW SO MUCH ABOUT AIRCRAFT. MY
      WIFE AND I ALSO LOVED AIRCRAFT AND WE GOT INTO A CONVERSATION ABOUT
      JETS...WELL SIR...

      ...15 YEARS AND MANY LIFE'S EXPERIENCES LATER WE WERE STILL BEST
      FRIENDS...SHE WOULD COME OVER FOR THE HOLIDAYS, WE WOULD ALWAYS GET
      TOGETHER AND DO THINGS. I, BEING A BODYBUILDER, GOT HER INTO THE GYM
      AND WORKING OUT. CAROLYN WAS AN AMAZING PERSON IN THE SENSE THAT SHE
      COULD MAKE ME LAUGH...SHE COULD MAKE ME SMILE...SHE WOULD PLAY LOTS
      OF JOKES AND GAMES AND LOVED LIFE IN GENERAL. SHE WAS A PRANKSTER
      AND COULD LIGHT UP A ROOM WITH HER SMILE. JUST HAVING HER IN MY
      LIFE, IN MY FAMILY'S LIFE, WAS A BLESSING. SHE WAS GOOD TO MY
      FAMILY AND MY KIDS. SHE WAS INQUISITIVE AND LOVED TO LEARN. SHE WAS
      ALWAYS SEARCHING FOR IMPROVEMENT AND ENLIGHTENMENT.

      CAROLYN LOVED ANIMALS AND FLOWERS, SHE LOVED TO DRINK A GOOD BEER AND
      A STRONG COFFEE AS WELL. SHE ENJOYED WALKS BY THE OCEAN, HIKES IN
      THE MOUNTAINS AND RIDING HER BIKE. HER LIFE WAS ALWAYS SURROUNDED BY
      AS MUCH JOY AS SHE COULD BRING TO OTHERS. SHE LOVED PEOPLE. SHE SPENT
      ALOT HER SPARE TIME GOING TO HOSPITALS AND VISITING THE ELDERLY AND
      SICK. SHE HAD RAISED MONEY FROM TIME TO TIME FOR CHARITIES SUCH AS
      THE WILDLIFE FOUNDATION, WINGS OVER AMERICA, CANCER RESEARCH, AND SHE
      GAVE DONATIONS EVERY HOLIDAY TO THE HOMELESS AND EVEN VOLUNTEERED HER
      TIME IN SOUP KITCHENS.

      SHE BELIEVED THAT TO GET YOU ALSO HAD TO GIVE AND SHE DID JUST THAT.
      SHE LENT ME MONEY WHEN I WAS BROKE AND I DID THE SAME FOR HER. SHE
      WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR A FRIEND IN NEED. CAROLYN LIKED TO CUT HER OWN
      PATH. SHE LIKED TO BE IN CHARGE OF HER OWN DESTINY. SHE WAS
      FIERCELY INDEPENDANT AND LIKED TO DO THINGS ON HER OWN. SHE ALWAYS
      TRIED TO SHOW OTHERS THAT SHE WAS THE LITTLE GIRL THAT COULD.

      MY FAMILY WILL DEEPLY MISS OUR LITTLE SIS. I WILL BE GOING AWAY FOR
      A TIME NOW...MY FAMILY IS PLANNING ON GOING TO VISIT HER FAMILY AND
      SPEND SOME TIME WITH THEM DURING THIER TIME OF NEED. I WONT BE ON
      THE PANEL FOR A WHILE...I NEED A BREAK OKAY? I WAS PLANNING ON
      CANCELLING OUT AND JUST LEAVING BUT KNOWING THAT I HAVE ALL OF YOU TO
      SUPPORT ME AND MY FAMILY AND THAT ALL OF YOU DO CARE...I PLAN ON
      STAYING ON AND CONTINUING MY PATH TO VEGANISM. I GUESS I JUST CANT
      GIVE UP MY VEGGIES...;) I HAVE MUCH TO DO, MUCH TO THINK ABOUT. I
      HAVE SOME REFLECTING AND LOTS OF HEALING NOW...I NEED TO TALK WITH
      GOD AND FIND MY PEACE...I NEED TO BE ALONE...I NEED TO REMEMBER THE
      GOOD TIMES AND THE FACT THAT HER SPIRIT IS STILL WITH ME, HER
      MEMORIES AND HER PICTURES...AND IF THAT IS WHAT I HAVE TO THINK
      ABOUT, IF IT WILL ACT AS THE GLUE TO SEAL MY HEART UNTIL THE BLEEDING
      STOPS, THEN THAT IS WHAT I WILL DO.

      I WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH YOU SOMETIME LATER...AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR
      YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT. I SEE ALOT OF DIGNIFIED
      PEOPLE ON THIS PANEL AND IT WONT BE FORGOTTEN...UNTIL WE WRITE
      AGAIN...THIS IS LYNNYRD "RED CAT" CATTRALL SIGNING OFF...GOD BLESS
      YOU ALL...