Introduce Yourself

  • Gordon
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 5, 2007
      Take a moment to tell us where you're from, why you're here, and a
      little about you and your family.
    • Bob
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 15, 2007
        I'm a stay at home Dad with two daughters aged 18 and 14, and my wife
        is actually a registered dietitian. We've done a pretty good job of
        keeping the kids into healthy snacks, and I love fruit leathers...Mmmmm

        These Fruitabu products look tasty and I'm thinking our household is
        going to have to try them out!

        --- In fruitabuparents@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon" <gordonst@...> wrote:

        > Take a moment to tell us where you're from, why you're here, and a
        > little about you and your family.

      • Kirstie
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 18, 2007
          I have to admit, we're only a quasi-healthy eating family, always on-
          the-go. I have a 15-year-old daughter who I just send to summer school
          this morning, and she took nothing to snack on. I just looked at the
          FruitaBu site & there's a grocery on my way home that sells the
          smooshed fruit snacks. I'll send her to school with some tomorrow -
          she loves fruit but won't take a whole apple/banana/whatever as it's
          too bulky to carry.

          I'll report back here!
        • Melody Campbell
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 20, 2007
            I just recently discovered FruitaBu at Costco in Salem Oregon. My
            children and I love it. My kids all like the apple the best.

            I am a student of Raymond Francis health model from his book "Never
            Be Sick Again." I am waiting on receiving his information to start
            a "TPED" which is an acronym for "The Project to End Disease." This
            will be a grass roots meeting where I will train people how to keep
            their cell's in a state of health and by this eliminate disease.

            I speak as a health advocate on this health model to teach people how
            to take charge of their own health -- to eliminate disease and the
            affects of disease.

            I have a google group a podcast and a blog on health topics. I am
            passinate about helping people better understand how to take care of
            themselves and how to have a much better quality of life.

            I love discovering some new food that is healthy that my kids like -
            sometimes it's hard to compete with all the junk food opportunities.
            But I think I'm finally getting through to them.

            Blessings and Peace!

            Melody Campbell
            www.1000Moms1000dollars.com/smbizguru

            Google Group
            http://groups.google.com/group/hot-flash-free

            First In Health for Women Podcast
            http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/tscmd/tc/27441

            First In Health for Women Blog
            http://smbizguru.blogs.com/womenshealth/
          • wjennyjedi
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 25, 2007
              Hi I'm Shelley and I am a homeschooling mom of 3. We live in Spring,
              Tx. I started looking at eating healthier when I was diagnosed with
              diabetes about 5 years ago (when I was 32!). I first tried fruitabu
              at a friend's house about a week ago. Wow! It was great! It has
              inspired me to try to make my own fruit leather.
              I am a health educator with NSA, the makers of Juice Plus+. It was
              tough for my family to get the now recommended 9-13 servings of fresh
              raw fruits and veggies in our daily diet so we were thrilled to find
              Juice Plus+ -- 17 raw fruits, veggies and grains juiced and slowly
              dried to preserve all the nutrients and put in gummies, chewables and
              capsules!
              JP+ is a simple way to add more whole food nutrition to your diet on a
              daily basis.
              If I can help your family, please contact me at wjenny@...
              or visit my website: www.juiceplus.com/+sj35488
              look forward to hearing more about eating healthier!
              Shelley Jenny
            • alwaysbehealthytoday
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 7, 2007
                Hi,
                My name is Diane Morris, I am a Registered Dietitian and have been
                working with parents and children so they all can become healthier and
                live long last healthful life. If I can answer any questions, just let
                me know...
              • Kraemerfamily@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 8, 2007
                  Hello!!
                  I am working on doing a better job feeding my kids the right foods, and they LOVE snacks.  I am looking to get some good healthy ideas to change up what I regularly give them.  I got a few suggestions earlier and they were great!!  I'm always looking for ideas to keep it interesting...  Also, if we end up going to the zoo or out somewhere we end up getting things there, which is not he best idea for healthy food!!  So if there is any on-the-go snacks you could suggest.. If you have any ideas for me I would greatly appreciate it!!
                  Thank you!
                  Betsy

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 8, 2007

                    Hi Betsy,

                    We like Kashi granola bars and nutritious bars like Lara bars and organic food bars to take in the car so if get hungry we won’t be tempted to stop at fast food.

                    Sometimes I pack an insulated lunch bag with fruit and carrot sticks and some nuts.

                    I think a big problem we have in this country is we have a whole food deficiency – most snacks are processed and therefore don’t really fill us up or give us the nutrients our bodies need.  We try to stick with “real” food.  Hope that helps!

                    Shelley Jenny

                    Wellness Coordinator

                    www.juiceplus.com/+sj35488

                    From: "alwaysbehealthytod ay" <alwaysbehealthytoda y@...>

                    Hi,
                    My name is Diane Morris, I am a Registered Dietitian and have been
                    working with parents and children so they all can become healthier and
                    live long last healthful life. If I can answer any questions, just let
                    me know...

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                  • SAM EMAD
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 9, 2007
                      that helps

                      From: "alwaysbehealthytod ay" <alwaysbehealthytoda y@...>

                      Hi,
                      My name is Diane Morris, I am a Registered Dietitian and have been
                      working with parents and children so they all can become healthier and
                      live long last healthful life. If I can answer any questions, just let
                      me know...

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                      Got a little couch potato?
                    • ashkankh3000
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 13, 2007
                        --- In fruitabuparents@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon" <gordonst@...> wrote:

                        > Take a moment to tell us where you're from, why you're here, and a
                        > little about you and your family.
                        >hello.
                        i'm from iran.
                        29 years old.why i;m hear is to know better about taking care of my
                        child.good ideas.good plans about eating.
                        i have a 3 year old girl.could you send me some good idea's about kids
                        eating.good food to eat.thank you.
                      • tinacp_2005
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 13, 2007
                          I am from Karnataka(INDIA).Now a days there is no joint family
                          everywhere,In joint family childrens imitate others with the same age
                          group,In single family child won't get this fascility. And the child
                          faces lonlyness, because of this it is very difficult to feed the
                          child.To over come this proble try to put her in play home,So that
                          child will get interact with other childrens of same age group,then
                          she may start to imitate others,then see the results of child.I feel
                          this will affect the child to improve in all spears.
                          With Regards
                          Chandrashekhar.Patil
                          INDIA
                        • tinacp_2005
                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 13, 2007
                            I wish to say one more step for better feeding of good food to child.
                            First thing let u know about ur child / observe.Then conclude food
                            liking of the child,simly keep food infront of child,but don't force
                            to eat, secondly switch on TV which containing childs programs,so that
                            child learn itself to eat gradually,any parents has to take some bold
                            steps to bring the child in right path.i.e dogs treatment implies,
                            putting the food on the table and keep mum, and observe child
                            activity,because if the child becomes hungry by nature finding will
                            start because of creating deficiency to force the child to eat food
                            timely.I hope this way may give u better results.
                            Any way let me know the results after carrying practices.

                            Regards
                            Chandrashekhar.Patil
                            (INDIA)
                          • sheeba Mohan
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 13, 2007
                              Hello,
                              I am Sheeba.  I do have a lovely daughter (10years). Want to know how to develop good habits and what all things shall I teach her as she is growing up.

                              rgds
                              Sheeba

                            • sadiecraftinn@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 14, 2007
                                Hello everyone, my name is Sandra and I'm here because I want to be able to get info and exchange messages on how to eat healthier and also for my kids to learn better eating habits.

                              • Sam Vu Hoai
                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 14, 2007
                                  Hello,
                                  I am living in Viet Nam. My son (more 20 months) used to be illed 2 months ago. He had a cycle vomit, but not found the reason. I think, seem he do not fit yoghurt and orange fruit. Because when he wasn't eaten them after last cycle, his disease was stoped, too. I wondered why is it so.
                                  Hope that received your help soon.
                                  Thanks all.
                                  Bibi.

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Nov 14, 2007
                                                    ilu_amansuri@...

                                    ashkankh3000 <ashkankh3000@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                                    --- In fruitabuparents@ yahoogroups. com, "Gordon" <gordonst@.. .> wrote:

                                    > Take a moment to tell us where you're from, why you're here, and a
                                    > little about you and your family.
                                    >hello.
                                    i'm from iran.
                                    29 years old.why i;m hear is to know better about taking care of my
                                    child.good ideas.good plans about eating.
                                    i have a 3 year old girl.could you send me some good idea's about kids
                                    eating.good food to eat.thank you.

                                    Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online. Click here.

                                  • dr.kalpana abrinnda
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Nov 14, 2007
                                      HI I M DR. KALPANA MILK+DALIA CHEESE as suchor stuffed in parantha one FRUIT daily DAAL+CHAPATI MILK+BISCUITS OR MILK PRODUCT
                                    • meilena_h
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Nov 15, 2007
                                        --- In fruitabuparents@yahoogroups.com, "dr.kalpana abrinnda"
                                        <drkalpanayadav@...> wrote:

                                        > HI
                                        > I M DR. KALPANA
                                        > MILK+DALIA
                                        > CHEESE as suchor stuffed in parantha
                                        > one FRUIT daily
                                        > DAAL+CHAPATI
                                        > MILK+BISCUITS OR MILK PRODUCT

                                        Hi DR. KALPANA,

                                        I apologize for not being more familiar with some of these foods of
                                        your culture, however I would love to know more about them:)

                                        I do enjoy Indian cuisine but have no idea on how to cook or prepare
                                        half of them, so please do share any favorite recipes you have.

                                        I used to do Mendhi with an Indian woman here in the U.S. and I always
                                        enjoyed everything she prepared (food). It was far different from the
                                        American staple foods that I am accustomed to. Food can be the best
                                        "medicine". So welcome!

                                        Meilena
                                      • QAL Tadesse