643Re: I need help please

  • meilena_h
    Apr 27, 2008
      Girls have a different growth rate than boys so I do know they can weigh heavier than boys
      in comparison. I am not sure of the actual pounds of your child verses her age though to
      use for a reference.

      Our son though who is 5 goes through spurts where he eats like crazy then you have
      trouble getting him to eat. It seems as though they innately know when they need more
      supplementation. I always notice an increase of eating before teeth are coming in. Or if
      they are at a certain stage in their growth where they are requiring more nutrients.

      I always look up the AMA Pediatric growth charts too keep track of our children's weight to
      just get a reference. Obviously, like you said she is not eating candies and chocolates, she
      is actually craving legitimate food. And she is mobile and playing and in good spirits, so
      she sounds relatively healthy. You may want to seek a homeopath or natural pediatrician
      to give you an expert assessment though. But certainly reference the growth charts and
      see if your child is within range for her age. This might give you a better idea of what is
      overweight and what is not. Hope this helps.

      Meilena

      --- In fruitabuparents@yahoogroups.com, "MeLaNeY group" <melaneygroups@...> wrote:

      > Hi All from Melbourne, Australia
      >
      > I have a 3 and a half year old beautiful little girl. I almost hate to type the word, but she
      is overweight. Nowadays it's like she wants to eat all the time - never getting enough. I
      dont bake cakes or cookies or even buy lollies anymore - She is allergic to something in
      chocolates so we never give her any of that. The occassional jelly lollie. She doesn't want to
      drink water anymore only cordials. She loves bananas and broccoli, chicken, lettuce. I
      don't know actually why she is overweight because she is busy little thingy, runs around
      and always on the go.

      > sigh

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic