      From: meilena_h
      Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:32 AM
      Subject: [fruitabuparents] Re: Nutrition With a Lower Cost

      Colleen,

      Always good to hear from you I am so excited you got a house! I hope to embark on that
      journey next year for our family.

      We did move into a house that we rent and the cost of rent is higher than where we lived
      before, hence where budgeting really takes into affect.

      What other snacks have you been giving your son? I loved all the tips you shared and you
      were embarking on this journey of healthful living with your son. I entirely forget about
      apples and peanut butter! I am even eating them now after your post trigged that in me.

      I like celery and peanut butter but the kids in that in between teeth stage can't always
      chew it up properly. Thanks for your post again!

      Meilena
      --- In fruitabuparents@ yahoogroups. com, "Colleen Fitzpatrick" <freedom.cmf@ ...> wrote:

      > I recently bought a house and even though it's just me and my son the added cost of a
      house and all the extra expenses that go along with it mean I have to save money other
      places. I bought a Food Saver for one. I buy things in larger quantities such as bulk
      where I can get a better deal and then put them in reasonable sizes for the two of us, then
      freeze. I get meat from a guy I know that has his own cattle so it's free from antibiotics,
      dyes etc and also buy in quantity and freeze that. Getting a good juicer is a good way to
      make healthy fruit shakes where I can add a bunch of 'goodies' he's unaware of.

      > When I came to this site I was *clueless* on how to eat healthy. I came here because my
      son was diagnosed with hyperglycemia and I had no clue of what to do. We totally had to
      change our entire way of eating and I think we're doing pretty darn good. He takes 3
      healthy snacks a day to school and I buy a lot of those in quantity also at places like Cosco
      if possible. He's learned that grabbing an apple with some peanut butter is just as good or
      better when watching TV than a bag of Skittles.

      > Colleen
      > Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success
      when they gave up. - T. Edison

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic