      Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 8:25 AM
      Subject: Re: [fruitabuparents] Recipe

      Hi Colleen,
      That sound delicious! Could we at Healthy habits,
      Healthy Kids share that recipe with our members on our
      weekly quick tips? If so, where are you from so I can
      say this tip comes from Colleen from ???

      Thanks,
      Louise
      --- Colleen Fitzpatrick <freedom.cmf@ q.com> wrote:

      > Meilena,
      >
      > My son is just waiting for next month when he can
      > start planting his garden. Tomatoes top the list
      > I'm sure we'll do cumcumbers, string beans and we
      > just have to do pumpkins because they're so darn fun
      > (and quite honestly there's a lot you can do with a
      > healthy pumpkin) Anyway, tomato sandwiches on
      > toasted wheat bread are quite delicious - or tomato
      > and egg. Mayonnaise is the old favorite to go with
      > that but below is the new favorite.. I've found
      > that when my son helps make the foods he's more apt
      > to eat them. You can use this wherever you would
      > use mayo or just as a dip with crackers.
      >
      > Avocado and Basil 'Mayonnaise' Recipe
      >
      > Ingredients:
      >
      > 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, scooped out of
      > skins, and cubed
      > Large handful of fresh basil leaves
      > 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
      > 2 teaspoons fresh lemon or lime juice
      > 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
      > Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
      >
      > Directions:
      >
      > 1. Combine basil, garlic, and a pinch of sea salt in
      > a small food processor and blend until ingredients
      > form a paste.
      >
      > 2. Add avocados and process until smooth. Blend in
      > the oil and lemon or lime juice, and then season
      > with sea salt and pepper.

      Louise Peddell
      Healthy Habits, Healthy Kids
      FREE Quick Tips for Getting Kids to Eat Right, Sleep Well and Be Happy at:
      http://www.hhhkids. com

      Be a better friend, newshound, and