File - Frozen Assets' Rules of the Road

  • frozen-assets@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 1, 2012
      Frozen Assets Website & Facebook Page
      http://frozenassets.info
      http://www.facebook.com/frozenassets
      people subscribing to it: women, men, single, married,
      divorced, lots of kids, no kids, home schoolers, public
      schoolers, private schoolers, college students, retired
      folks, vegetarians, meat-and-potato eaters, assorted
      religious/non-religious backgrounds, stay-at-home moms
      (and dads!), folks employed outside the home, part-time
      workers, home business owners, etc.

      Everyone (no matter what their personal beliefs or lifestyle)
      needs to cook and eat. The Frozen Assets Mailing List
      exists to encourage and support those people who have
      decided -- for whatever reason -- that cooking meals for
      the freezer is a method they'd like to employ for them-
      selves, or learn more about.

      Side conversations (i.e. cooking in general, general frugality,
      religious beliefs, home schooling, business opportunities,
      etc.) need to be kept off the Frozen-Assets List. Many
      of these side topics are very near and dear to my heart
      as well, but they just don't fit into this particular discussion
      forum. Please feel free to have assorted side conversations
      with individuals from the List through private e-mail.

      ~ Please pay attention to the subject line of any e-mail
      you send to the Frozen-Assets List. Make sure it
      accurately reflects the content of your message. Also,
      label all recipe submissions with a subject line clearly
      identifying the recipe.

      ~ Recipes that you submit need to be ones you've
      personally tried and you're certain freeze well. Please
      include freezing/reheating instructions with recipes.

      ~ Don't post ads for products/newsletters/books/etc. that
      you're selling. If you're selling something of interest to the
      members of the Frozen-Assets List, a short signature file
      (no more than four lines) pointing to your web site would
      be acceptable.

      ~ Don't forward email chain letters, funny stories or jokes,
      pleas to help dying children, Neiman-Marcus cookie recipes,
      virus alerts, evangelism messages, Internet/Urban Legends,
      or anything else of that nature to this List.

      ~ If you're replying to a previous message, be sure you
      reprint only pertinent parts of the original message. If your
      email program automatically includes the entire text of
      emails you reply to, please go back and delete all text
      that isn't relevant to your reply before sending the email.

      ~ The anonymous nature of e-mail sometimes encourages
      people to do and say things they'd never dream of doing or
      saying if the other person were standing right in front of them.
      Please remember that there are very real people on the other
      end of any e-mail you send out to the Frozen-Assets List
      (or any e-mail list for that matter) -- people with feelings that
      can be hurt and folks with their own closely held personal
      beliefs. Let's all strive to treat each other with the same
      respect and courtesy we'd like to receive back from others.

      ---- "ON-TOPIC" DEFINED ----

      Sometimes a particular topic might not apply to you
      personally, but that doesn't mean it's "off-topic" per se.
      Although the bulk of our conversation will be centered
      around cooking meals for the freezer, most anything
      having to do with preparing meals or food items ahead
      of time can be considered "on-topic."

      Many of the Frozen-Assets List participants don't
      actually do once-a-month cooking (OAMC). Some
      List members simply double and triple recipes as
      they go about their regular cooking, or they use
      other variations of freezer-meal preparation. Also,
      there are other ways of cooking ahead that don't
      involve using the freezer and these methods can
      sometimes be "on-topic" as well.

      Examples of possible "on-topic" discussions:

      ~ Freezer cooking (preparation, recipes, questions, etc.)
      ~ Freezer side-dishes
      ~ Freezer desserts
      ~ Freezer breakfasts, lunches, snacks
      ~ Vegetarian freezer meals
      ~ Meat-and-potatoes freezer meals
      ~ Baking for the freezer
      ~ Freezer organization
      ~ Food storage
      ~ Time saving tips for cooking ahead
      ~ Preparing family-related food items in advance (baby
      food, dog food, etc.). I don't have babies in the house
      anymore and we don't own a dog, but this is a form of
      cooking ahead and applies to a great number of people
      on the List. Just ignore topics like these that don't apply
      to you.
      ~ Money-saving ideas relating specifically to cooking,
      baking, grocery shopping, etc. Many people choose
      freezer-meal methods because of the money-saving
      benefits from buying in bulk and cutting down on quick
      trips to the local drive-thru.
      ~ Appliances and other kitchen equipment used for
      cooking ahead (for example: I don't have a pressure
      cooker or bread machine and I don't plan on purchasing
      either one anytime soon, but if people on the Frozen-
      Assets List use their pressure cookers, bread machines,
      crockery cookers, Kitchen-Aid mixers, or whatever for
      preparing meals or food items ahead of time, it is "on-
      topic." Just ignore if it doesn't apply to you.)

      And please remember: Don't take it upon yourself to
      correct or reprimand others on the Frozen-Assets List
      for any possible breaches of List protocol or Netiquette
      (i.e.: "Internet manners"). If any correction is warranted,
      the List "Mom" (Debi) or the List "Aunties" (Linda Stolz and
      the other members of the moderator team), will take care of
      it privately off the discussion List. Thanks! :-)

      ---- HAPPY "INFREQUENT" COOKING! ----

      There are currently thousands of people subscribed to
      the Frozen-Assets Mailing List from all over the world --
      representing virtually all beliefs, lifestyles, and backgrounds.
      The input from our divergent lifestyles and family sizes
      makes for a fun and interesting conversation.

      The Frozen-Assets Email List is now being received by
      subscribers in the following countries: Australia, Brazil,
      Canada, Croatia, England, Germany, Japan, Israel, Italy,
      Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Scotland,
      Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, United Arab Emirates,
      and nearly every state in the U.S.A.

      If your country isn't listed, feel free to drop me a note
      and let me know where you're located.

      Happy infrequent cooking, baking, and food preparation!

      Your Frozen-Assets List "Mom,"

      ~Debi
      Deborah Taylor-Hough
      debi@...
      Author, "Frozen Assets: Cook for a Day, Eat for a Month",
      "A Simple Choice: A Practical Guide for Saving Your Time,
      Money and Sanity", and "Frugal Living For Dummies�" (Wiley)

      http://TheSimpleMom.com