Re: ISO Dinners that can be cooked from frozen

  • kkt1962
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2012
      It is from their first book, from the 90's. Essentially take a thawed frozen dough loaf, divide into 4, 5 or 6 pieces (depending on how many and how big/thick you want them).

      Roll them out into circles, put in some tomato sauce (seasoned), canned pasta sauce or your own homeade sp. sauce (about 1-3 T.) and whatever fillings you like. I actually like a non tomato based filling of pesto, black olives and cheese. These are basically pizzas folded over. Family favorites with the tomato sauce are pepperoni, cheese, sausage, black olives...whatever pizza toppings you like.

      Place the sauce and the fillings on one side, fold over, seal and flash freeze. When frozen solid place into ziploc bags.

      To cook, place frozen on a cookie sheet lined with foil (they usually leak) and cook 29 min. at 450.