Re: [frozen-assets] Would this freeze well?

  • WAC
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2011
      It sounds like it should work fine.  Just make sure to wrap them well.

      From: Dianna Lynn crftysahm@...

      >I have this recipe for Simple Apple Dumplings.  Basically it is canned crescent rolls, fresh apples, some spices, and then a syrup/sauce that you pour over the dumplings and bake.  I double the recipe last night, double the syrup too which made way to much.  I saved the syrup, talking about enough for like three more pans.
      >Would it work to cook these, then freeze them.  I was thinking that maybe putting a little of the syrup in a baggy with the pan then pour that small amount over it when I heat them up to keep them from being dry on top.

    • Pat Pfeiffer
      Message 2 of 12 , May 31, 2011
        Doesn’t sound like any part of that would not freeze well. Sounds delish!

        I have this recipe for Simple Apple Dumplings. Basically it is canned crescent rolls, fresh apples, some spices, and then a syrup/sauce that you pour over the dumplings and bake. I double the recipe last night, double the syrup too which made way to much. I saved the syrup, talking about enough for like three more pans.
        Would it work to cook these, then freeze them. I was thinking that maybe putting a little of the syrup in a baggy with the pan then pour that small amount over it when I heat them up to keep them from being dry on top.

        Dianna

      • cherkyle1
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2011
          I dont have an answer to your question (sorry) but would love the recipe!

          --- In frozen-assets@yahoogroups.com, Dianna Lynn <crftysahm@...> wrote:

          > I have this recipe for Simple Apple Dumplings.  Basically it is canned crescent rolls, fresh apples, some spices, and then a syrup/sauce that you pour over the dumplings and bake.  I double the recipe last night, double the syrup too which made way to much.  I saved the syrup, talking about enough for like three more pans.
          > Would it work to cook these, then freeze them.  I was thinking that maybe putting a little of the syrup in a baggy with the pan then pour that small amount over it when I heat them up to keep them from being dry on top.
          >
          > Dianna

        • Brenda Crawshaw
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2011
            I would cook them 2/3 of the way, cool COMPLETELY and then freeze. That
            way, you can finish them in the oven without having to thaw first and not
            burn the pastry. I do this a LOT and I do add a baggie of the sauce to each
            pan.

          • Joey Kunkel
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 5, 2011
              Has anyone ever tried freezing Liquid CoffeeMate? It's one of those things that I don't use a lot of, but like to have on hand for company. Would like to stock up on it while it's on sale, but am not sure about freezing it.

              Thanks and HAGD
              Joey
            • Shaunda McIntyre
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 7, 2011
                Hi, we freeze coffee creamer all the time especially when the Christmas creamers come out. Just give it a shake after it defrosts. :)

              • Imtoorich@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 7, 2011
                  I have frozen it just fine. I think the bottle say's not to freeze,but I
                  had no problems. :)
                  Diane
                  In Oregon