Yummy soup party

  • sharonavich1234567
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2010
      Heading to a soup recipe swap and need something new to bring. I want to bring something freezable as I'm always trying to get my friends to join me in a freezer session. If you have something tasty let me know.

      Thanks
      Sharon
    • Laura Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2010
        This is one of my favorite soups and it freezes fine as a base, you add the
        milk when you heat it (which also means it takes up less freezer room):

        Corn Chowder

        1/2 lb bacon

        2 med. onions, chopped

        1 quart water

        2 large potatoes, diced

        1/2 cup chopped green peppers

        1 tsp. salt

        3 1/2 lbs. fresh or frozen corn (not canned)

        Canned evaporated milk

        Fry bacon, sauté onions in fat. Add water, potatoes and peppers, cook till
        potatoes are tender. Add salt, corn, crumbled bacon. At this point you can
        freeze the soup base. To serve defrost the soup base, add canned evaporated
        milk to make it as thick or thin as you want, and heat through (don’t bring
        to a boil).

        Laura

        and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss