Chicken Breasts Marinating

  • Bunny
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
      I hit an early morning sale of chicken breast boneless/skinless.
      Convinced hubby to buy all they had ( over 30 pounds). I usually
      freeze it in portions with Italian Salad dressing or a lemon garlic
      marinade. Hubby made me promise to try something new..anyone have an
      Asian inspired marinade recipe for chicken?
    • Elizabeth Aldridge
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
        BBQ, Teryaki?

        I like pineapple chicken myself....

        1/4 c soy sauce
        1/4 c white vinegar
        1/8 t ginger
        2 T cornstarch
        splash of pineapple juice
        pepper

        boil on stove until thick, let cool then throw in with chicken and bits of
        pineapple. Yum! (serve over white or brown rice)

        Then there's always some form chinese sauce like hoisin or a plum sauce that
        would be good.

        On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Bunny <bunnyhopping@...> wrote:

        > I hit an early morning sale of chicken breast boneless/skinless.
        > Convinced hubby to buy all they had ( over 30 pounds). I usually
        > freeze it in portions with Italian Salad dressing or a lemon garlic
        > marinade. Hubby made me promise to try something new..anyone have an
        > Asian inspired marinade recipe for chicken?

      • Kristin Stephens
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
          Have you ever tried Teriyaki? There was a great recipe in the Once A Month Cooking Cookbook that I used to use. I'm not sure where/what it is now (I could use it if anyone's got it!) Also, there are several dump chicken recipes on our yahoo group home page. Check out the dump chicken recipes there and you will get lots of ideas. Good luck!
          Kristin in Tulsa

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
            I do not measure but here is what I do
            Mix about a cup of flour and a tablespoon of powedered ginger cut chicken into bitesize pieces and drege in flour/ginger and brown in a skillet with a little oil.
            Mix a couple cans of pineapple with juice in a deep casserole dish add a couple tablespoons of minced garlic about 1/2 C soy sauce and 1/2 cup sugar add browned chicken and bake at 350 for about 1 hour stirring frequently till sauce is thickened and chicken is done. Server over rice.

            Heather

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
              I would try an Asian Ginger dressing I like the Paul Newmans brand. It has the same consistency of Italian dressing so it should work just fine I would think.

              ~ Shanna McNeill ~

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 3, 2009
                If you want quick and easy.  I like the Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing.

                Carrie

              • Kat
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 11, 2009
                  I have posted a pdf file that has 18 original OAMC recipes on it plus a
                  sheet of tips and tricks at www.firstusbusiness.com

                  There is also picture sof my food storage areas.

                  That is all that is on the site. It can take a moment to load the
                  site. If you have trouble downloading it, email me privately OFF LIST
                  and i will send it to anyone who requests it.

                  Chat Later,

                  Kathy Cushman
                  kathyc22@...