Re:Need TNT venison recipes

  • c.benavides
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2008
      Just use the ground venison as you would any ground meat (hamburger). You can also use sausage seasoning and use
      as you would sausage.

      Cheri

      Posted by: "kwonjuoak" innwonderland@... kwonjuoak
      Sat May 31, 2008 6:08 am (PDT)
      Good Morning,
      I was given some bologne, steak, and ground venison, but I don't have
      any recipes for them. Does anyone have any TNT recipes? I would love a
      chili recipe in particular!

      Thanks!

      Kathleen

    • Kelly Holman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
        >I was given some bologne, steak, and ground venison, but I don't have
        >any recipes for them. Does anyone have any TNT recipes? I would love a
        >chili recipe in particular!

        If the ground venison doesn't have fat added, cook it in bacon
        grease. Sooooo yum! I like to add some spices; I have some "venison
        seasoning" that's good but I don't know where I got it. After I cook
        the ground beef I use it for almost anything I'd use ground beef for.
      • ishirkwork
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2008
          I do not like venison so I suggest that you try it before you cook and
          freeze a lot of stuff with venison in it - especially if you have
          any "picky eaters" in your house. If you use a lot of spices in with
          the venison, it ALMOST disguises the gamy taste.

          --- In frozen-assets@yahoogroups.com, "kwonjuoak" <innwonderland@...>
          wrote:

          > Good Morning,
          > I was given some bologne, steak, and ground venison, but I don't have
          > any recipes for them. Does anyone have any TNT recipes? I would love a
          > chili recipe in particular!
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Kathleen

        • Christine Heinsohn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2008
            Gamey flavor can also be reduced if you watch the cooking times. Game meats
            are much lower in fat than beef. So they cook more quickly. If you over
            cook game meats the flavor is more concentrated and toughness ensues. So if
            you have a recipe for beef you want to try with a game meat, reduce the
            cooking time to about a quarter and begin checking then for doneness.

            Christine

            I do not like venison so I suggest that you try it before you cook and
            freeze a lot of stuff with venison in it - especially if you have
            any "picky eaters" in your house. If you use a lot of spices in with
            the venison, it ALMOST disguises the gamy taste.
            <snip>
          • Kelly Holman
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2008
              >I do not like venison so I suggest that you try it before you cook and
              >freeze a lot of stuff with venison in it - especially if you have
              >any "picky eaters" in your house. If you use a lot of spices in with
              >the venison, it ALMOST disguises the gamy taste.

              The taste supposedly depends on what the deer in your area are
              eating. If they eat corn, the venison tastes more like beef. If you
              don't like the taste, you could also mix it with ground beef or pork.