Re: [frozen-assets] Wrapping cakes....

  • PCDirector
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      I have the option of freezing them with or without frosting. One of the
      mother's for the charity we are helping contacted her church's women's
      group, and they are willing to frost any and all that need it.

      I am hoping to do all 8 or 9 inch rounds since I have about 6 of those pans
      and i'll be able to make that many at a time. I'm thinking it will take me
      two days to make all of them, maybe only 1 if I can stand the heat.

      Thank you for all the suggestions. I have a ton of plastic wrap, so i will
      wrap in that...and see how far we need to get in the foil department. I have
      a ton of styrofoam food clamshells that I am hoping will fit the single
      layer rounds so that I can unfreeze them, put them in the styrofoam, take
      them over to the "frosting people" and they can frost them and then have a
      handy dandy delivery method.

      kathy

    • Ruth Holmquist
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
        I'd suggest not defrosting them before having them frosted. Frosting goes on a frozen cake MUCH easier than on a room temperature one.

        PCDirector <PCdirector@...> wrote:
        Thank you for all the suggestions. I have a ton of plastic wrap, so i will
        wrap in that...and see how far we need to get in the foil department. I have
        a ton of styrofoam food clamshells that I am hoping will fit the single
        layer rounds so that I can unfreeze them, put them in the styrofoam, take
        them over to the "frosting people" and they can frost them and then have a
        handy dandy delivery method.

        kathy

        Ruth Holmquist
        aka Huldahsheir
        Favorite website: www.equalitycentral.com

        "To have a friend is a blessing. To be a friend is an honor." ~~ Colleen Sell