File - FA Rules Reminder

  • frozen-assets@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 96 , May 1 4:21 AM
      I am re-posting portions of the Welcome message that we
      all recieved when we joined this list. I think it would be a good thing
      for
      us ALL, even the old coots like me who have been around a long time, to
      review this document.

      Our Frozen-assets Yahoo!Group has been widely recognized as one of the
      best
      online communities out there... we should all be proud. These "Rules of
      the
      Road", and our adherance to them, are partially what makes us good. The
      other ingredient is YOU... each of our members contributes in some way
      make this group not just good but GREAT.

      Please save this message for future reference, and accept my wish that
      you
      all enjoy the list and the information recieved from it as much as I
      do.

      Your Old List Auntie,
      Linda Stolz

      --- SO GLAD YOU JOINED US ---

      Welcome to the Frozen-Assets E-mail Discussion
      Group -- the e-mail resource for recipes,
      encouragement, tips and discussion for freezer-
      meal cooks! Please be sure to read this entire
      message carefully since it contains the "Rules
      of the Road" for the Frozen-Assets List and
      important administrative information that you'll
      want to save in case you need to unsubscribe at
      some point, or need to contact the List Administrator.

      ** NOTE: The default setting for the Frozen Assets
      Email Discussion List is for a reply message to go
      to the individual sender. If you wish your reply
      or other message to go to the entire group, make
      sure the following address is entered in the "TO:"
      line of your message:

      frozen-assets@yahoogroups.com

      To change your member settings (such as unsubscribing,
      switching to digest, etc.), please send an email to
      the appropriate address below:

      Subscribe: frozen-assets-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Digest: frozen-assets-digest@yahoogroups.com
      Normal delivery: frozen-assets-normal@yahoogroups.com
      No mail: frozen-assets-nomail@yahoogroups.com

      Or visit the list web site at:
      http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/frozen-assets

      ---- OUR VARIED AND WONDERFUL MEMBERSHIP ----

      The Frozen-Assets Mailing List has a diverse group
      of people subscribing to it: women, men, single,
      married, divorced, lots of kids, no kids, home
      schoolers, public schoolers, private schoolers,
      college students, retired folks, vegetarians,
      meat-and-potato eaters, assorted religious/non-
      religious backgrounds, stay-at-home moms (and
      dads!), folks employed outside the home, part-
      time workers, home business owners, etc.

      Everyone (no matter what their personal beliefs
      or lifestyle) needs to cook and eat. The Frozen
      Assets Mailing List exists to encourage and
      support those people who have decided, for
      whatever reason, that cooking meals for the
      freezer is a method they'd like to employ for
      themselves or learn more about.

      Side conversations (i.e. cooking in general,
      frugality, religious beliefs, homeschooling,
      business opportunities, etc.) need to be kept
      off the Frozen-Assets List. Many of these side
      topics are very near and dear to my heart, as
      well, but they just don't fit into this particular
      discussion forum. Please feel free to have assorted
      side conversations with individuals from the List
      through private e-mail.

      --- IMPORTANT TIPS FOR THIS LIST ----

      A couple of important tips for using the Frozen-Assets
      Mailing List:

      ~ Please pay attention to the subject line of any
      e-mail you send to the Frozen-Assets List. Make
      sure it accurately reflects the content of your
      message. Also, label all recipe submissions with
      a subject line clearly identifying the recipe.

      ~ Recipes that you submit need to be ones you've
      personally tried and you're certain freeze well.
      Please include freezing/reheating instructions
      with recipes.

      ~ Don't post ads for products/newsletters/books/etc.
      that you're selling. If you're selling something
      of interest to the members of the Frozen-Assets
      List, a short signature file (no more than four
      lines) pointing to your web site would be acceptable.

      ~ Don't forward email chain letters, funny stories
      or jokes, pleas for helping dying children, Neiman-
      Marcus cookie recipes, virus alerts, evangelism
      messages, Internet/Urban Legends or anything else
      of that type to this List.

      ~ If you're replying to a previous message, be sure
      you reprint only pertinent parts of the original
      message. If your email program automatically includes
      the entire text of emails you reply to, please go
      back and delete all text that isn't relevant to
      your reply before sending the email.

      ~ The anonymous nature of e-mail sometimes encourages
      people to do and say things they'd never dream of
      doing or saying if the other person were standing
      right in front of them. Please remember that there
      are very real people on the other end of any e-mail
      you send out to the Frozen-Assets List (or any e-mail
      list for that matter) -- people with feelings that
      can be hurt and folks with their own closely held
      personal beliefs. Let's all strive to treat each
      other with the same respect and courtesy we'd like
      to receive back from others.

      ---- "ON-TOPIC" DEFINED ----

      Sometimes a particular topic might not apply to you
      personally, but that doesn't mean it's "off-topic"
      per se. Although the bulk of our conversation will
      be centered around cooking meals for the freezer,
      most anything having to do with preparing meals or
      food items ahead of time can be considered "on-topic."

      Many of the Frozen-Assets List participants don't
      actually do once-a-month cooking (OAMC). Some
      List members simply double and triple recipes as
      they go about their regular cooking, or they use
      other variations of freezer-meal preparation. Also,
      there are other ways of cooking ahead that don't
      involve using the freezer and these methods can
      sometimes be "on-topic" as well.

      Examples of possible "on-topic" discussions:

      ~ Freezer meals (preparation, recipes, questions, etc.)
      ~ Freezer side-dishes
      ~ Freezer desserts
      ~ Freezer breakfasts, lunches, snacks
      ~ Vegetarian freezer meals
      ~ Meat-and-potatoes freezer meals
      ~ Baking for the freezer
      ~ Freezer organization
      ~ Food storage
      ~ Time saving tips for cooking ahead
      ~ Preparing family-related food items in advance
      (baby food, dog food, etc.). I don't have babies
      in the house anymore and we don't own a dog, but
      this is a form of cooking ahead and applies to a
      great number of people on the List. Just ignore
      topics like these that don't apply to you.
      ~ Money-saving ideas relating specifically to cooking,
      baking, grocery shopping, etc. Many people choose
      freezer-meal methods because of the money-saving
      benefits from buying in bulk and cutting down on
      quick trips to the local drive-thru.
      ~ Appliances and other kitchen equipment used for
      cooking ahead (for example: I don't have a pressure
      cooker or bread machine and I don't plan on purchasing
      either one anytime soon, but if people on the Frozen-
      Assets List use their pressure cookers, bread machines,
      crockpots, Kitchen-Aid mixers, or whatever for preparing
      meals or food items ahead of time it is "on-topic."
      Just ignore if it doesn't apply to you.)

      And please remember: Don't take it upon yourself to
      correct or reprimand others on the Frozen-Assets List
      for any possible breaches of List protocol or Net-
      iquette (i.e. Internet manners). If any correction
      is warranted, the List "Mom" (Debi), List "Aunties"
      (Linda or another member of the Mod Squad), or List
      Administrator (Larry) will
      take care of it privately off the mailing List.

      ---- HAPPY "INFREQUENT" COOKING! ----

      ***** ADMINISTRATIVE NOTE *****

      Several items that will make this list flow more
      smoothly:

      1). Be very selective in quoting messages in your
      replies. Quote only enough so that others can
      follow the thread of thought. Avoid, "Me too,"
      "Thank You," and "Amen" type posts.

      2). Use accurate and descriptive subject lines.
      If the subject of your reply has deviated signifi-
      cantly from the original subject line, please
      change it! This will make it so much easier for
      all of us to follow the threads and sort through
      the mail.

      3). NO attachments of any kind are to be sent to
      the list! If your email client automatically
      generates attachments for coding, be sure it is
      turned off. If you have a document or other file
      of interest, have members request it and send it
      to their individual address instead of posting it
      to the list.
    • frozen-assets@yahoogroups.com
      Message 96 of 96 , May 1 12:40 AM
        I am re-posting portions of the Welcome message that
        we all recieved when we joined this list. I think it
        would be a good thing for us ALL, even the old coots
        like me who have been around a long time, to review
        this document.

        Our Frozen-assets Yahoo!Group has been widely recognized
        as one of the best online communities out there... we
        should all be proud. These "Rules of the Road", and our
        adherance to them, are partially what makes us good. The
        other ingredient is YOU... each of our members contributes
        in some way to make this group not just good but GREAT.

[...]

        List members simply double and triple recipes as
[...]

        (Linda or another member of the Mod Squad), will
        take care of it privately off the mailing List.

        ---- HAPPY "INFREQUENT" COOKING! ----

        ~Debi
        Deborah Taylor-Hough
        Author, Frozen Assets: Cook for a Day, Eat for a Month
        http://astore.amazon.com/simpletimes-20/detail/1402218591

        Visit me online! http://theSimpleMom.com

        Frozen Assets is now on Facebook!
        http://www.facebook.com/frozenassets

[...]

        Thank you in advance for your attention to these
        Rules of the Road!