Pizza Crust Recipe

  • Peterson, Karen E.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2005
      Here's the simple pizza crust recipe that has been requested (from my Betty Crocker Cookbook, 1980):

      Pizza Dough

      1 package active dry yeast (2 tsp bulk yeast)
      1 cup warm water
      1 tsp sugar
      1 tsp salt
      2 Tbsp vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
      2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour

      Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Stir in remaining ingredients. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. Let rest 5 minutes.

      Punch down and form into a ball. Roll or smooth out into a circle on the pizza pan. Add sauce and toppings, and bake in 425 oven for 20 minutes (longer for crunchier crust)

      This makes enough crust for one large pizza or two small pizzas.