Re: [frozen-assets] reduced sugar freezer jam

  • Nash Family
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      We use the recipe on the Sure Jel package and then reduce the sugar. The first year I did it I just reduced a bit each recipe and then made notes on the results. They are packed away for the moment but I do know that even though some of the jam didn't set up on the counter, it did after freezing and stayed set. We also use 1/2 natural sugar (unbleached/unrefined) while still reducing the total amount and it is just not the same but still good. It is also not as pretty. It is a red brown.

      Veronica