New baking book

  • Mark & Laura Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi everyone, I just bought a new baking book "The Weekend Baker" by Abigail
      Johnson Dodge (hardcover price $30). It is great. It is divided into three
      sections based on how much time you have to bake, and one of the sections is
      for "baking in stages" over a period of days or weeks (the other 2 sections
      are "express" and "productions"). Every recipe tells you things like
      "prepare through step three, and then you can freeze this up to x number of
      weeks or months" the recipes cover everything from dinner rolls to homemade
      ice cream sandwiches, cookies, and cakes. She says cheescakes are perfect
      for freezing, and she even has a recipe for a chocolate-raspberry souffle
      that can be assembled, frozen for up to 2 weeks, and then baked without
      losing any puffiness. She has LOTS of tips for baking ahead, stocking
      staples for quickly throwing things together etc.
      So I would highly recommend adding this book to your cookbook collection.
      Laura Jones